HybridZ

Easy fix for Toyota Prius brake problems

leftover z

I find that I get stuck behind more Toyota Camry's doing 25% UNDER the speed limit, than any other car.  It's because Toyota has such a reputation for "ultra-reliability, low-risk, bean-counter-approved", that people who fear the sound of popcorn popping, are driving them.  It's the ultra-safe, ultra-meek, appliance loving, non-car loving, complete risk avoidance, people that love them most.

I am sure many of them have been walking to their psychiatrists upon reading the headlines about accelerator sticking!

Edited by cygnusx1

I find that I get stuck behind more Toyota Camry's doing 25% UNDER the speed limit, than any other car.  It's because Toyota has such a reputation for "ultra-reliability, low-risk, bean-counter-approved", that people who fear the sound of popcorn popping, are driving them.  It's the ultra-safe, ultra-meek, appliance loving, non-car loving, complete risk avoidance, people that love them most.

I am sure many of them have been walking to their psychiatrists upon reading the headlines about accelerator sticking!

Yesssss!!! Obviously all prejudices are only applicable in *most* cases at best, but this EXACT SAME point underlies the reason I cannot feel very strongly about any Supra, or 2jz swap, or really just about anything Toyota (except the MR2... can't fight the MR2. AE86 was a sweet car, too, a friend of mine in HS had one 12 years ago *just* before they started getting popular.)

I mean, its hard to say "Toyotas suck" when you are a Nissan guy.. but there has always been a magic that they seemed to be missing, and this entire recall thing has had cygnus's exact point (almost word for word) on my mind for a few months now.

• 3 weeks later...

Not me, I suspect the nebulous Y0RGO, permanently banned from ZC.C has now ditched his red tractor and is driving his latest BabeMagnet: a 2010 Prius.

Though it doesn't sound like a Russian Accent, da? :blink: