HybridZ

Rare VG30 Race Parts (Pics)

Mr.510

Now that is a serious engine! does he have to car to go with that engine?

Yes....!

It's a Nissan ( March ) 88V Group C car. It raced twice in the Le Mans 24hrs - first in 1988 in pink livery, then again in 1989 in red & white CABIN cigarette sponsorship livery. After that it raced in the Japanese series, and was then retired and put on display. It ended up sitting in a sea container for something like 15 years....

post-425-12731523398058_thumb.jpg

That Weber Manifold looks hand fabricated. Back in the Day, a Japanese Company called 'TBO' had a triple 44IDF manifold that situated the carbs similarly, looked much like the IDF setup on a Ferarri, very close spacing on the manifold, centered. They were very popular at the time to stick a blow-through plenum on and go to 2+ bar boost...That's not a TBO manifold in the photos, though.

That Weber Manifold looks hand fabricated. Back in the Day, a Japanese Company called 'TBO' had a triple 44IDF manifold that situated the carbs similarly, looked much like the IDF setup on a Ferarri, very close spacing on the manifold, centered. They were very popular at the time to stick a blow-through plenum on and go to 2+ bar boost...That's not a TBO manifold in the photos, though.

Gerolamy made this one for Nismo. Perhaps the 'mystery' cast IDF manifold was made by TBO. I don't think Frank or Sly remembered where it came from. I think it will be coming to the NW in July. I'll shoot pics when/if I see it.

Does B.C. Gerolamy still do nissan or are they only doing harley stuff now?

They only do Harley stuff now. No exceptions. I found out something else about that one-off intake: it was built for one of the Baja 1000 trucks.

• 6 years later...

Would you happen to have any pictures of the TBO manifold or somewhere I could find more information about it?

Back in the late '70s Preston took 12 or so 280Z 5-spds and turned them into straight cut, changeable transmissions using Hewland gears. I know were 3.5 are and would like to put my hands on one of the remaining units.

• 6 years later...