HybridZ

Garage System issues

Hugh

These are just some complaints that could be directed to Devfuse, but I figure I should tell you guys what I see wrong since you're the ones paying him for the hook. If I'm out of line here, let me know. I will address him directly.

The garage page doesn't appear to be tied to your profile in any way. This would be a nice feature. Otherwise you have to rely on everyone to put a link to their page in their profile themselves. (usually a problem with many not so computer inclined users)

This problem is further complicated by the fact that if you click on someone's name within their vehicle page, it will take you to their list of vehicles. If you click on their name on their vehicle list page, it brings you to their list of vehicles. To talk to someone directly about their car, I had to leave the garage and search for the username - then PM them.

If someone comments on the vehicle, the owner receives no notification.

There is no way to reply to a comment, which should notify the original poster of such reply.

When someone commented on my vehicle, I responded by adding a comment. Once this comment was in place, I realized a typo that made it sound really stupid. There is no way to edit your own comment once its in place. It also doesn't give me the option to leave another comment now, which I could have done to explain the first one's mistakes.

I'm just saying, if you're spending $32.95 a year for this hook, Devfuse should put some more time into it and make it more full-featured. If it was a free mod, OK... but I was looking at this one for my forum and now I think I will have to pass, unless he updates some features.

Great work on upgrading to IPB! Love this forum software above any other. ;)

I went ahead and contacted Devfuse directly with these comments. I don't know if just one guy complaining will help, but at least they've now heard my suggestions.

This system could be really cool with some work.