HybridZ

Another Slopoke Z ;-)

Hey guys! I bought another Z. My buddy owned it before me, called me one night and said "My cars jacked up!". Asked where he was, when we got there he was stopped in the middle of the road with a HUGE oil trail behind him. Once I told him he blew it we got it towed to his house, pulled the motor and he ended up tearing apart almost all the rods, snapped the cam in two places and put a nice indention on the side of the block. He parked it on the side of his house for a year. He told me he was selling it. I offered him a small wad of cash and he took the bate! It's ugly, but it came with a TON of parts and has ALOT of the stuff I need for my new V8 build!

Check it out:

westins240.jpg

westins2401.jpg

westins2402.jpg

westins2403.jpg

a running z is a good z, id rather weld in and fix rust than worry about making it a car run again.

be happy with what you have lol

Agree. My plans are not to make this one run again, but to help fund my progress of my other project.

Get the parts I want, and sell the rest.

a running z that has no firewall does me no good. Swapping an engine and wiring harness over from a running car to make the other car run is something I would be willing to do. It would be less work than what I am going through now.

I have the feeling that it still runs and drives just fine, sometimes you need to go places, i like vehicles that take me places, coming from a Daily driven standpoint.

What motor are you putting in this shell poke?

To answer the motor question: 388cid stroker turbo. But, I'm not putting that motor into this one. At least, That's not my plan. What I planned on doing is taking the parts from this shell that I need for my V8 build, that I'm putting into my 280Z (that is already half way set up for the V8 swap) and selling it. Basically all I wanted out of this car was the aluminum radiator, turbo 350 tranny, aluminum roller rockers, camel hump heads, and probably some other things here and there. The rest is useless to me really. He didn't do any suspention work (that I noticed so far). The car was actually put together fairly poorly with this V8 swap if I say so myself.

• 2 months later...