HybridZ

83 280zx turbo 798hp for sale on eBay!!!

I can't say for sure that the car makes 798 but I can say that WWR has the fastest Z's in Miami. I've seen Franks 300zx at the track and in person and it make some serious power. Very simple looking car that makes ALOT power running 9's all day long. I wouldn't doubt the 798.

If you read the ad..... :lol:

"My Car has not been to the track but the video below is of Franks car which is the tech that built my car @ World Wide Racing with mostly the same set up as mine Running low 9's at 150+ mph. He runs the v6 vg30 i run the l28 6 inline is the only difference.

Edited by jasper

If you read the ad..... :lol:

"My Car has not been to the track but the video below is of Franks car which is the tech that built my car @ World Wide Racing with mostly the same set up as mine Running low 9's at 150+ mph. He runs the v6 vg30 i run the l28 6 inline is the only difference.

yeah I read it, but he can't compare what a built L28ET to a built VG30 will

do I guess if it ever comes out on video well find out.

Edited by 280zx@541

Interesting!!! While definitely a "money build" it would be hard to confirm 798rwhp...without a dyno sheet and how much boost is he running through that motor...also what fuel is he running...cripes the ebay ad is terrible it has NOTHING on the car's build sheet! ARGH!

I see it has a P90 head. Intake manifold is very impressive.

Also looks like there might have had a head gasket leak at sometime after it was built:

DSC02015.jpg

Also that car is tore up and has obviously lived a hard life..the money is in the motor..if it will last!

My 2 cents

Yasin

Is frank not the shady guy i have read about on here with the turbo kits and such?

Indeed the chassis is beat. Lots of things just look wong on this car rushed etc. Wo builds a cage and then never bothers to paint it to prevent rust for example....Rush job it seems.

Edited by yetterben

Also looks like there might have had a head gasket leak at sometime after it was built:

DSC02015.jpg

Sure it's not just black paint? look at the nice clan knock sensor (I guess idk my NA doesn't have one there) near the bottom, and the gold is just copper spray-a-gasket.

Nice car though.

Edited by 280zx 2by2

The guy won't release any info on the specs of the car unless your a serious buyer, he wants $15,000 asking price which for me ain't worth buying a built 280zx for that much especially in this kind of economy when most of us are on a budget or rather just built our own car from scratch.

Sure it's not just black paint? look at the nice clan knock sensor (I guess idk my NA doesn't have one there) near the bottom, and the gold is just copper spray-a-gasket.

Nice car though.

Your reply is indicative that you are new to these cars and motors? That is not the knock sensor that is part of the alternator harness and that is also a factory block ground at that point as well. These cars do not have a knock sensor, they only have a Cylinder Head Temp sensor back towards the 5th cylinder. Also when you apply Cooper Spray gasket you apply it to the head gasket while it is hanging and you spray it liberally, let it dry for a moment until it becomes tacky and then install it. The picture clearly shows weeping on the block.

The guy won't release any info on the specs of the car unless your a serious buyer, he wants $15,000 asking price which for me ain't worth buying a built 280zx for that much especially in this kind of economy when most of us are on a budget or rather just built our own car from scratch.

Agreed, I PM'd him and he did not want to give any details in his response to me. The $15K might be worth it, but he needs to give a potential buyer some level of confidence that the car is worth it with a build sheet and dyno sheet. The car is really beat-up and a true drag car. The motor is where the money is at. $15K would be hard to justify!

Yasin

Edited by slownrusty

Your reply is indicative that you are new to these cars and motors? That is not the knock sensor that is part of the alternator harness and that is also a factory block ground at that point as well. These cars do not have a knock sensor, they only have a Cylinder Head Temp sensor back towards the 5th cylinder. Also when you apply Cooper Spray gasket you apply it to the head gasket while it is hanging and you spray it liberally, let it dry for a moment until it becomes tacky and then install it. The picture clearly shows weeping on the block.

No I just thought that's generally where people put aftermarket knock sensors on turbo L series (thinking of Big Phills car)

And how do you know this guy didn't spray down the block surface with the copper spray-a-gasket? Because why would the headgasket be weeping where there is almost zero compression? (around the timing chain housing)

No I just thought that's generally where people put aftermarket knock sensors on turbo L series (thinking of Big Phills car)

And how do you know this guy didn't spray down the block surface with the copper spray-a-gasket? Because why would the headgasket be weeping where there is almost zero compression? (around the timing chain housing)

The biggest area of discoloration is directly below the spark plug. Yes, there *is* some discoloration up front, but its schmutz were being forced out of the combustion chamber, then rust will begin forming wherever the paint was least perfect..

And if he did "just spray the block;" then he did it wrong.

I'm guessing most of the 50 or 40K is tied up in labor. Parts wise, though not descriptive, I don't see anything screaming WOW look at me.

I should have bough the ZX I saw down in Miami. It was a very built ZX, oh well.

The funniest thing that got me was what the guy said on the ad on eBay:

"I have done alot of looking around in different z forums / internet and have yet to see one pushing this much power from its factory engine"

ok first off in my opinion the 280zx was not made for dragging but for track, that's were these car were born to be, oh yeah 780rwhp is awesome who wouldn't want that much power in there car but everyone has there own plan and "selfishness" as I like to put it which is totally cool but not every here wants a drag car either I want to use it as something I can comfortly drive and also have fun in. I think he just wanted to add that as if he is the coolest guy with a 280zx, who knows next topic will be 1000hp L28ET finally achieved heck I don't know!! That's why I even made this topic to hear all your opinions on this guy who I know for a fact this isn't his first fast car and not deep true fan of the 130z

could of made a simple video of the car running on a dyno or some kind of video, like that guy on YouTube with those 2 videos of his 81 280zx with the L20ET swap making 500hp

Edited by 280zx@541

L20 god i hate this frank guy its always shady a$$ lies. Auto trans GTFO.

the numbers they show overlayed on the video dont even match whats on the dyno pc.

if i had a l20 making that power there would be a shot of the block stamp for sure.

Edited by yetterben

L20 god i hate this frank guy its always shady a$$ lies. Auto trans GTFO.

the numbers they show overlayed on the video dont even match whats on the dyno pc.

if i had a l20 making that power there would be a shot of the block stamp for sure.

Do you even know who your talking about???? Frank from world wide racing !!!!! That You tube video that was posted ISNT FRANK THAT BUILT THE 280zx on ebay!!!

Edited by billyssp