2jz31part2009.jpg

2jz31part2006.jpg

2jz31part2003.jpg

2jz31part2001.jpg

2jz31part2007.jpg

2jz31part2011.jpg

2jz31part2017.jpg

2jz31part2020.jpg

I'm the fabricator for Boost Logic, and this is our GT45-80 DBB and GT35R DBB compound turbo,twin 60mm and single 44mm wastegates. It's a stock engine, so I have to leave it at around 800whp, but on high octane fuel it should be capable of 1000+whp. The car weighs around 2600lbs. Still have another 2 days of mechanical work and fab, and another 2-3 weeks for paint and body.

actually the stock 2jzgte pistons are forged. as for the larger turbo feeding the smaller one, this is the way it should be. look under the hood of a semi with a compound turbo kit. the smaller one is able to suck air through the larger one and then the larger one blow through the smaller one once it comes up to boost. if it were in the reverse the smaller turbo would be an inlet restriction to the larger one.

I am on stock CAST 2JZ-GE pistons and rods. 2JZs (all of them) come from the factory with cast pistons. I have a lot more work ahead of me, but the car should be done in a week or less, and paint and body work will be done shortly after. Thanks for all the compliments.

I am on stock CAST 2JZ-GE pistons and rods. 2JZs (all of them) come from the factory with cast pistons.

Thank you for posting this...I was going to mention something, but couldn't bring myself to type it up LOL ... there is so much mis-information out there.

I anxiously await your results :-)

Yes, both 60mm wastegates are used to bypass the small turbo. twin 60mm gates on the small turbo, and only one 44mm to control the large one.

Have you seen a benefit to use two 60mm wastegates on this new setup vs a single 60mm gate on the previous build?

I have not done any tuning as of yet. I do not know if two will be better than one, but I was hopingfor about a 50% decrease in minimum boost fromthe small turbo. Previously minimum boost from the small one was 7psi, I'm hoping for 4-5psi, and slightly better controll of the whole system. Also these wastegates have been modified for further valve lift, allowing it to run more as a bypass and less like a wastegate that merely cracks open.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I am on stock CAST 2JZ-GE pistons and rods. 2JZs (all of them) come from the factory with cast pistons. I have a lot more work ahead of me, but the car should be done in a week or less, and paint and body work will be done shortly after. Thanks for all the compliments.

actually, upon further research, the n/a, and turbo 2jz pistons are all hypereutectic, not forged. better than normal cast pistons. either way, this thread needs more pics!