HybridZ

Need help with sizing wheels for the 240z

Hey guys, I need some help from the experts on sizing wheels for my Z. Car is a 71 240z. I've come up on a set of 17x7 Racing Hart C2's. They are 4 lug with +38 offset. Would these fit on a Z? I'm not going with ZG flares or any other flares.

Is a 17 inch wheel to extreme?

Here's the look I'm trying to get...

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks!

You probably wont get those to fit. What is your backspacing on the wheels? Most Z's need a negative offset wheel to fit decent. If your lip on the rear of the wheel fits you might be ok. The best way to find out if they work is to go and just bolt one up. If you can get them to fit you will have to do some trimming of at least plastic just to make sure they won't rub. The lip on wheels comes from a negative offset. The main reason I say they won't fit is because the offset, I run 0 offset 14x6.5 inch wheels. My wheels are pretty flush with the outer edge but I would like to push it a bit farther. You will probably hit your suspension.

EDIT: Also, "4-lug" doesn't mean squat, there are different bolt patterns. For example Z cars and many nissans like 240sx are 4x114.3 meaning that there are 4 holes 114.3mm apart from each other. 5x114.3 are 5 holes 114.3mm away from each other. Get the idea?

Edited by ModernS30

Here's a great site that'll solve part of your problem. http://www.rimsntires.com/rt_specs.jsp You'll need to put in the stock size rim and tire in the first box and then put it the rim and tire size of the new set it in the second box and it'll show you an overall comparison of the different sets side by side. I'm not totally sure how close the stock wheels are to the suspension as they sit, but the rims you described are going to be 1.3" closer to the suspension than a wheel that is 14x6 0mm offset. Someone else is going to need to chime in on that though.