HybridZ

The Z Store

Kanzen

Hey you cool kats,

I was wondering if anyone has heard from theZstore.com lately?

Im proberbly overreacting, but I placed an order about a week ago and havent heard anything back.

Times gone past theyve been very reliable and fast to answer emails.

They on holiday, huge backlog, burning rubber? lol

Wanted to buy some goodies whilst the AUD is still strong.

Regards,

Leon.

Do you mean Motor Sport? I just ordered some stuff from them last week and did not get any type of conformation that my part was shipped, I did get my order conformation and it said that you would not be able to track the item after it's shipped. I placed my order on Sunday and am hoping to get the parts before next weekend. In the past I have had problems getting them to respond to email, I also find the best way to get them is to call. They are pretty busy, but have been around long enough and I have ordered enough stuff from them that even without a response I'm pretty sure all is well.

I ordered a set of mirrors on 3/24/10. They just arrived today. I just think they are too busy to check on emails. Plus they probably have their hands full right now with the planning for the April 24 Z-Enthusiast Reunion.

Edited by leftover z

I have had some issues as well. Out of stock for months on some parts, so I canceled the order. Last order placed on 3/14/10, still not arrived. They haven't been very responsive via email.

They maybe having same problems as other businesses, trying to keep inventory low.

I really like them but I ordered a dash cap the other week so I would have it now. Got an email saying it was on backorder and I just said ahwell. Just wish that could have been stated before purchase if you know what I mean. Will continue to buy from them though as I love their huge selection and sales.

Hey guys,

I live in Australia, have tried calling them with the extension and have been unsuccessful.

In the past theyve been quick to answer emails but Leftover Z may have it, backlogged to the shithouse with orders with that event coming up.

Aus Dollar is strong at the moment, wanted to get in before it drops, though I doubt thatll happen for a while.

Id assume all the parts Ive ordered will be out of stock/backlogged, proberbly a solid K worth of bits and bobs.

I guess Ill just wait patiently in the meantime.

Regards,

Leon.

Had a poor experience with them as well... ordered a metal headgasket. The response was that the item was:

We could be receiving the 2.00MM metal head gasket tomorrow, 6 months from now or Nissan Competition could decide never to offer the 2.0MM metal head gasket again... We will not charge you for the 2.00MM metal head gasket until it is ready to ship... If the 2.0MM metal head gasket arrives in our inventory it will be processed and sent out through Fed Ex ground at no additional shipping cost.

My issue is that they don't know when it would come in, but as soon as it did they would bill me for it and ship it, even if it was 12months later. Hardly useful to someone trying to put an engine together. A simple notice that it was again in stock would make more sense to me.

It's not there fault that they don't know when the parts will come in. In that case they are relying on Nissan Comp. to get the parts to them, which would be an uncontrollable variable for them. It's kind of like when I ordered the lash pads for my cam, they guy at MSA was helpful and got them out ASAP, I think I got them like three days later. The problem was they where covered in surface rust, not that big a problem with the equipment we have at work to take care of it. I called and complained, and they said there is nothing they could do about it, they receive them in large boxes from Nissan Comp. that have been sitting around for who knows how long. Some things you can't control. BTW the MSA order I placed last Sunday came in on Friday. Still a pretty good turn around.

Edited by thrustnut

I've never had a problem with them. It could be the fact that they're 3 miles down the street though :D

In the past though they've always returned my calls and always double checked with me if I wanted to go through the purchase that was on hold due to backorder. Just give them a call and leave a message.

Hope everything works out for you guys!

Ok here is my problem with MSA.

1. Backorders, as stated they have no problem billing you but have no clue when the part will come in. As a repeat buyer of more than 4 years I would think they would say something like we will call you once the part comes in or an email if you would still like it. Not well it could be a few months or tomorrow.

2. I order a FG front spoiler...the one you see on my red 71 Z. Two problems. The first being, the license plate area is too small and will only hold the bottom two bolts in it or you can let it hold the top two and drop the plate under the spoiler....you would have to make a slice in it to do that. Bigger issue I had, both turn signal holes were cut to big to bolt the back of the housings to the spoiler. I called and took pictures....I got we don't see anything wrong with the molds. Idiots....I am telling you the dayum housing falls into the hole you guys cut. You would think I would be so pissed off if I was looking to return the thing but I was calling as a heads up for QC. Go figure!

3. When you get a certain someone on the phone, it almost seems like you are bothering them to spend money. Due to this attitude it took me almost 4 weeks to really place a $1000+ order with MSA and this was a few days ago.

I do buy from them and had really no problems with them until late. I would buy from them twice before I bought from MM. Do you get everything yuo order, yes. Will they correct an issue if there is one, yes. Have I ever had a problem getting them on the phone, nope. I just wish they had better people on the phones. Maybe I call to early in the am....noon here on the east coast ;)