HybridZ

Turning radius issue w/wats and tires?? help please!

hello fellow hybridz'ers

running into a little problem with turning ratio. having an issue with tire fitment in the front with my WATS, i know this has been discussed before, but i cant find the thread. Tried searching but no luck. if anyone knows the link that would be awesome or any advice what to do is appreciated.

i'm running 245/45/16 in the front with 16x9 wheels, zg flares, tokico MR2 struts, sectioned to fit w/ground controls. here is the current photo attached.

Debating if i should cut the fender to fit or got with more of a stretch tire (smaller tire) to fix the the turning ratio?

thanks again guys!

IMG_7471.jpg

IMG_7475.jpg

What are you asking here? are your tires hitting the fender, which is limiting your turning? or are your tires wide enough so that its limiting your turning? did you cut the fenders when you installed the ZG flares like you are supposed to?

eheh Same problem, same question here!! My front tyre is hiting my airdam and my fender (principally where's the jonction between the airdam and the fender is).... I'm running 16x9 wheels with the equivalent of à -25 offset in front with 225/50/16 (stretched a bit). I know we are supposed to cut the fender a bit but the problem for me is more with the Airdam.. Maybe pics of someone who trimmed is airdam can help?

You can see here that I needed to adjust my coilover higher to bring my car to the garage :P

IMGP5139p.jpg

Thx in advance!

Edited by 280z"Vador"

^ that is where my issue is also

yes did cut and and properly fit the zg flares... took off about 1 1/2in to 2in off the fender to install the zg flares. the tire is rubbing against the lower part of the fender and the top part of the air dam bumper where it is connected to the fender.

how did you guy re do your bumpers to make them fit

That tire front fender/air dam interference is normal for these cars with larger wheels and tires. The right front interferes more due to the built in wheelbase difference. You need to trim the air dam and front fender for clearance.

does anyone have any photos?

It took me about 3 mins to find these pictures all I did was search his name, find a thread where he posted, went to his account, then went to the Topics tab next to his name and bam found some pictures.

Here you go.

post-4699-12700051982029_thumb.jpg

post-4699-12700052083932_thumb.jpg