HybridZ

RB26 240Z STOLEN IN LAKEWOOD CA

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm definitely keeping my eyes peeled for this gorgeous green z over here in SFV. I really do hope you find the vehicle and the criminal gets caught. Those low down good for nothing thieves out there man, I really wish the best of luck with searching, and like I said I shall keep an eye out for it as well as post it up on my facebook.

Much appreciated. I just found out that I did have some sort of theft insurance after all, don't know what I'll get if it isn't recovered. I'd rather have the car back in one piece though no question.

Forgot to mention earlier: Also stolen with the car was a white iPod video 5th Gen 30GB (MA002LL/A). What makes this stand out is that I replaced the center button with a black one, so if you see this unique ipod on craigs or anything let me know!

So far it seems most of the bites are from people trying to buy the car :bonk: but I got a strange text a little over an hour ago from someone I guess doesn't want to get involved, or a sick joke?? It was sent from a website so I can't reply (txt2day.com)

1 of 2

FRM:donotreply@txt2day.com

SUBJ: Sent by IP 99.70.120.172

MSG: the engine is on san diego craigslist he said he wud sell for 1200 for engine rb only

WTF, I scoured the SD Craigs and couldn't find crap, unless it got deleted as quickly as it was posted.

I just looked. It must have been taken down. Sorry you haven't found your car. I hope you at least get some of it back, if not all of it! If you find the scum beat his *** to a pulp. I am sure you will though. I really am sorry I know if it was my car I would be balling.

Lakewood isnt the city it used to be :( PM me if you need local help.

That whole dam area isn't what it used to be... My parents moved us all there in the mid 60's, and it was a nice place to live/grow up then. I left there in '92 right after the riots, and wouldn't live there again if they gave me a new house. It's gone to hell....

I'd hate to think of having my car there now. I'd have to sleep in it. :D

This has made up my mind to go with Lojack whenever/if ever, I get my project done. Not the end all answer to thieves, but a good tool in recovery. Still hoping for a positive outcome....

Lojack is about $700 installed aftermarket. Looked into it about four days ago, since my project is about to start. Didn't think it was worth the money but you bet your ass I'll be buying it now.

Hope your car gets found man

If the person who stole your car is any good, he could have your entire car dismantled within a half hour after it being stolen, especially since you've got some nice stuff in it. My friends dad got his stolen about 2 weeks after fully restoring it and the cops found it about 45min later completely dismantled, took everything but the exhaust system. Z's are very easy to take apart. If you are lucky enough to find it, and I really do hope so, get a detachable steering wheel, its the best thing you can do, in addition with an alarm system. If you want to go all crazy, then get a lowjack, and make sure you always garage it.

By the way, I called my uncle over in Carlsbad, and told him about your Z. He told me he saw your post on craigslist and how its a darn shame that some b***ard(s), stole you car. So he is also keeping a look out for it.

There's no sure fire way. Nowadays if they're serious about stealing cars they put the whole thing on a flatbed, no alarms, nothing, and other people would just think it was being towed, an all too common occurrence around LB. There isn't really a place you can hide a lojack that they can't find almost immediately. In fact on exotics that they expect to have that kind of thing, the second they get in the car they run a cutoff wheel across the width of the headliner because the wires almost always go through there. And if you don't have a steering wheel they can just put a big vice grip on it. I think the best mechanical block is the actual club on the gas pedal, but then they've probably had plenty of practice picking that lock too. Perhaps you should just always make sure your car is out of gas. Or I wonder if you could buy one of those boot things from the city. If there's anybody who knows how to make something immobile until they get what they want it's the government.