HybridZ

looking for input on OBX exhaust manifolds

Mack

SO, Ive got a 300zxtt that needs a new engine. Ive got one out of an automatic TT with under 100k sitting on my garage floor. I want more power, and I am going to do it before the engine goes in, because its impossible to do anything once its in the car.

My plan so far is a mild port and polish, re-gasket the engine, waterpump/timing belt maint., OBX twin turbo headers, a set of gt28rs turbos, better intercoolers, turbo back 3" exhaust, and copious amounts of ceramic coatings to control heat.

The manifolds I found are made from ss321, which from what I understand is better than ss304.

"Like all OBX turbo headers, this too is backed by a lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects."

thats a direct quote from the auction. While that sounds nice on paper, and would offer good peace of mind, on a 300ZXTT you HAVE to pull the engine to get the damn part off. So, does anyone have any experience with these parts?

I've never seen those particular OBX manifolds in person but I have seen some of their headers. They looked like a 3rd grader welded them using a MIG with no shielding gas. They might actually be stick welded. I hadn't thought of that possibility and that would explain the look of the welds. They are made in China...