HybridZ

Manual rack swap/ linkage question

I have already searched this swap repeatedly and I have already aquired a manual rack and crossmember with the steering linkage up to the coupler from an 81 ZX.

My question is, do I have to swap out the entire steering column to get the linkage to connect to the Manual rack or will my power steering setup swap at the coupler with the rack setup? Thanks for any input. Again before the Napalm starts flying I have searched the swap and found that I needed the Rack + the crossmember but nothing on the steering linkage from the column to the rack, I can post pics of what I have if need be, or would like pics of what I actually need if someone has them readily available. Again thanks for any input.

Jason

AWESOME! That is great news, bring on the LT1!!! I am very excited. I pulled this unit from the local Pick and pull for 50.00 Bones. I was pretty upset when I started pricing parts and hunting parts for the steering swap. I thought for a while that the V8 swap was not gonna happen, but it was actually pretty simple work to remove the parts so I dont think it will be too bad to cleanup re seal and install this to my car. Are there any alighment ghosts to speak of after the swap is done or is it pretty straight forward?

Thanks again guys!

Jason

Edited by Smokescreen

• 3 years later...

I cant find a rack and crossmember for my 79 so i think if i fill the gear box and run a line from the input to the output on my recirculating ball steering it should work with my 350 swap, just got to fab up a drivers side header? any ideas?