HybridZ

Vg33er

zylephone

• 2 weeks later...

There is a Z31 owner in the Baltimore area who reports that he swapped the heads and the intake, but not the Supercharger.

He stated and added that he opened up the Z31 Exhaust manifold mounting holes slightly,

Another Z31 owner in the Rochester NY Area swapped the entire VG33E Engine into his Z31, again without the SuperCharger. Search the archives, for a white Z31 in Rochester, NY area for a name.

Possible, to use Supercharger depending on where the Supercharger is physically located on the engine with respect to the hood.

Paul

Theres a bunch of small and nitpicky stuff you have to do to get them to work and not have any real advantage. the plenums on the vg33's use larger studs, ontop of that the little m62 blower used on the vg33's is very small and just about worthless, unless you tossed an M90 on there.

Theres a bunch of small and nitpicky stuff you have to do to get them to work and not have any real advantage. the plenums on the vg33's use larger studs, ontop of that the little m62 blower used on the vg33's is very small and just about worthless, unless you tossed an M90 on there.

An Eaton M62 and upper LIM bolt on from an xterra. It's been done. Cut a big Fcuking hole in the hood.

On my personal opinion I will forget about the supercharger issue and go the turbo way. But in your case I belive you want to use the supercharger set up, I recommend you to buy a cowl carbon fiber hood if you can. Is easier to find those for the Z31 1984-1986. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.