HybridZ

280Z EFI to Carburetor Help!

Hello, my name is Kent and this is my first post on this forum, so I am a newbie. I have already tried using the search option to look for what I wanted, but I could not find any threads related to my topic. I will be getting my first Datsun 280Z this Saturday and I plan on having it as my project car for quite some time, probably until I die :). Anyway my question is, where can I find information on switching my 280Z EFI to carburetors? I already know it's probably going to cost me upwards of $2,000 and a lot of man hours, but again it's my project car so I plan on spending a lot of time and money in this machine. I gladly appreciate all the help you guys can muster up on this subject. Thank you for all your time and effort. I hope I can become a part of this community and contribute back someday.

Sounds like you didn't search too hard! There are lots of ways to put carbs on your car...you can use the stock carbs from a 240Z, a four barrel conversion, a triple sidedraft setup, or a double Weber DGV downdraft conversion. People sell all these setups here and on e-bay all the time, and none of them will cost anywhere near 2 grand, unless you decide on a brand-new triple sidedraft setup. The easiest conversion is to put 240 carbs on.The only other mod you need is to use a low pressure fuel pump instead of the EFI fuel pump currently on the car.

Hello, my name is Kent and this is my first post on this forum, so I am a newbie. I have already tried using the search option to look for what I wanted, but I could not find any threads related to my topic. I will be getting my first Datsun 280Z this Saturday and I plan on having it as my project car for quite some time, probably until I die :). Anyway my question is, where can I find information on switching my 280Z EFI to carburetors? I already know it's probably going to cost me upwards of $2,000 and a lot of man hours, but again it's my project car so I plan on spending a lot of time and money in this machine. I gladly appreciate all the help you guys can muster up on this subject. Thank you for all your time and effort. I hope I can become a part of this community and contribute back someday.

If SU's cost 2k to put on a car, I don't think many people would be running them.

Find a carbie fuel pump, get a 240Z intake with some SU's, talk to Ztherapy about rebuilds and rejets, bolt the suckers on there and go have fun.

I plan on having it as my project car for quite some time, probably until I die :). Anyway my question is, where can I find information on switching my 280Z EFI to carburetors?

If you plan on keeping it and keeping it a project, WHY are you considering getting rid of EFI?

Any serious attempt at HP (or maybe a turbo in time) are best served by EFI.

Mixtures with multiple carbs are a nightmare while EFI can be tuned with a laptop at all rpm's.

I'd suggest a lot more searching before ripping off EFI from the engine and going with a bunch of floats and jets and expecting improvement...

If you were planning on spending $2k to switch to carbs......

You could buy something really nice like the extrudabody individual throttle body set up :) It has the neat multiple carb look if that's what you want....

On their website it's $650 for a twin ITB set up or $1900 for the 6 ITB set up.

Of course you would need a few more things to make it all work, but I'm just living vicariously through your $2000 :)