HybridZ

Classifieds section, selling parts, cars, etc. Are you violating the forum rules?

BRAAP

• Administrators

Fella’s,

We are starting to see some of you are forgetting to read or remember the rules you agreed to when posting parts for sale! Remember, the classifieds section is a privilege and those that abuse that privilege are only going to make it harder and tougher on everyone including those who do abide respectfully as more rules are implemented to catch those attempting to skirt or abuse forum policy.

Please be sure to read the forum rules, in particular the section pertaining to the classifieds.

We do NOT allow bumping of ads within 5 days, that means ANY 2 consecutive posts from the person who placed ad within 5 days time. No persons ad/s are more important that anyone else’s and frequent bumping of ads to keep those ads on top of the forum page, subsequently dumping everyone else’s further down the list, will NOT be tolerated!

Promptly replying to a question in your ad is fine and encouraged. If your ad is incomplete for any reason, lack of pics, new parts to list, etc, you must wait the 5 days to fill in those holes in your ad or use a reply to a question asked in your ad to fill in those holes, or better yet, get your ad 100% ready to post "before" you post it. :wink: . Again, any 2 consecutive posts in your ad and ALL your ads will be deleted, warning status will increase and posting privileges could be suspended. :nono:

We are also seeing NUMEROUS multiple “Sold” and "Sale Pending" update posts one after another! If we see that being used over and over in the same ad it will be considered an attempt to bump more frequently and that privilege to update with "Sold items"or "Sale Pending" will be revoked for everyone, DONT ABUSE IT! B)

HybridZ Classifieds Rules

1. To post an ad in the "Parts For Sale section" or "Cars for Sale section", you must be a donating member of HybridZ.

2. Use of the Classifieds is limited to private individuals only. Commercial advertising is not permitted.

3. This is for selling parts/product, but please keep posts to a PG-13 nature.

4. Please be descriptive in your ad title. Ad titles such as “Cleaning out shed!”, “Misc parts!”, “Parts Wanted!” “Looking for!” are too vague and will be deleted.

5. When selling an item, you MUST publicly state your asking price and location, or your post will be deleted.

6. No Bidding for items - HybridZ is not an auction site. If a seller posts a fixed price they must sell at that price and not turn the sale into a bidding contest. If a seller posts a link to an auction site the auction must be conducted on that site.

7. HybridZ Classifieds are used to buy parts/product. NOT to tell sellers you can get it cheaper somewhere else. You can place a lower offer to the seller, but statements of "being over price" will not be tolerated.

8. The administrators of HybridZ.org take no responsibility for the conduct of members on this forum.

9. For security reasons, we strongly recommend that you use PayPal when buying parts from private individuals online.

10. If you place an ad and find later that it has disappeared you can safely assume that you violated one of the above rules.

No notification will be given.

11. Please give your ads at least 5 days between bumps. Frequent bumping such as every day will get your ad deleted!

12. Placing of for sale ads in forums other than the Buy / Sale / Trade sub-forums is prohibited. This includes placing ads in your signature line or other non approved locations.

13. After your item/s have sold, please close your ad.

Paul,

Thank you for what the clarification of a bump is. I will cease and desist in "shaking my own tailfeathers" immediately.

Per our private conversations here are the other items concerning online selling which I have opinions on;

The most important I think would be a one post w/ unlimited items contained therein per seller rule. The timeframe which I like for this is the one currently being used; five days. In effect,"one seller, one post". I have seen multi post/ single item sellers bump a dozen or so other sellers down or off the page completely. That just does not seem fair. There is another Z website which uses this rule and it seems to work fine.

The only other one that comes to mind is egregiously posting opinion and extraneous information in public as a way of giving a free bump. Having said that, the new software and donation system have minimized this (at least from what I see). If it were my forum I would say all details (other than the initial items necessary to make said sale) need to be private, but that is just my opinion.

These are just minor issues, all in all it seems that the new system is functioning well.

Thank you,

Daniel P.

Edited by dhp123166

I have problems with the bumping dozens of threads myself. I have one for sale thread with all of my parts. Nobody replies to it because it only stays up there for a matter of minutes when somebody does this. It is just labeled as 280z parts because that is what it is and nobody knows the specific parts inside. I think it should not be allowed to have multiple for sale post that come up at the same time. If they are totally different parts maybe but you can keep things in one board. I really need to sell my parts too because I need the money to get the 240z that is stripped in my garage running. I have 2 months or it goes to storage.

• Administrators

I see 2 separate things here guys.

1) The topic of the thread is "violating" the posted rules!

2) Members issues, ideas, possible solutions for other issues regarding the classifieds that should be addressed, (one of which I am guilty of) :blink:

Lets deal with these separately;

1) Keep in mind this thread is about members "violating" the posted rules. Any 2 consecutive posts from the seller is a bump and is in violation. We have been, and would like to continue to allow you guys to make "SOLD" posts before the 5 days is up as a courtesy. Technically it is against the posted bump rule but we have been letting it go until a few have been caught grossly abusing that unwritten free pass to bump. Point of this thread is a reminder not to abuse the good thing you have in the HBZ classifieds or it will get stricter or the classifieds removed all together, which also has been discussed from time to time due to the amount of maintenance and baby sitting required on part of the staff. Every rule here has one or more members name attached to it. Think about that for a minute. I am sure none of you would like to learn that a new rule that restricts members privileges further has your name attached to it because you some how felt entitled to being special or found a loop hole to push that is obviously against the spirit/intent of the rules in the first place.

2) Listing several items with only one item per ad does clutter the data base and when that persons bump day comes around and he does bump, it knocks all other ads down several posts and is frustrating to other members, rightfully so. I can see where that would fall under the spirit of the intent regarding the bumping rule. Having 2,3, maybe even 4 separate active ads per member with multiple listings in each ad is probably ok, unless "every" member selling parts had 3-4 ads than that could be too much. I don't think we have enough regular ad traffic for that to be an issue, at least for right now. 6+ ads, not so OK for the reasons you guys pointed out. As mentioned, I do have several ads up, and after looking at them again, I owe all you guys a huge apology. That is way to many individual ads, especially come bump day. I am sorry and will fix that. Most of those ads have multiple items listed within per the theme/parts listed in the ad, i.e. L6, LSx, etc. none the less, it is still too many separate ads and I will be consolidating those ads over the next couple days as it is not fair to everyone else. (If you guys see a classified rule addendum show up regarding this issue, go ahead and laugh knowing whose name will be attached to that one). :blink::lmao:

My apologies guys, I will consolidate those ads.

B00STDZ's idea of a set number of ads per month, hmmm... I like it. B)

Edited by BRAAP
Typo's

I don't agree with the one FS thread/member/month rule. However, I agree that 20 threads for individual items is annoying, so I will propose this: A maximum of 5 current (ie, not closed, active) for sale threads per member. Personally I find throwing everything in one thread to be a bit unorganized. Most cases, it should be fine, but let's take this example.

I have one 280zxt, one scrapped 240z, and misc parts from misc years. For that, I would prefer to put JUST the ZXT parts in one thread, all the scrapped 240Z parts in one thread, and every thing else in a third thread. Much more organized and easier to deal with IMO. And it's not like 5 threads from one user will clutter up the FS section like 20 will.

I think this is a perfectly reasonable medium. My $.02.

Edited by rturbo 930

I don't agree with the one FS thread/member/month rule. However, I agree that 20 threads for individual items is annoying, so I will propose this: A maximum of 5 current (ie, not closed, active) for sale threads per member. Personally I find throwing everything in one thread to be a bit unorganized. Most cases, it should be fine, but let's take this example.

I have one 280zxt, one scrapped 240z, and misc parts from misc years. For that, I would prefer to put JUST the ZXT parts in one thread, all the scrapped 240Z parts in one thread, and every thing else in a third thread. Much more organized and easier to deal with IMO. And it's not like 5 threads from one user will clutter up the FS section like 20 will.

I think this is a perfectly reasonable medium. My $.02.

Hows is it unorganized?

You could do...

Thread

title: Parting 280zx and 240z, some misc parts

Alright guys here are my parts

1981 280zx

-turbo

-afm

-wiring harness

1971 240z

-tail lights

-front bumper

-rear bumper

Misc. Parts

-gt35r

-DOHC L28 head

Something like that would be perfectly organized and be all in one thread. Then when the next month rolls around... create a totally new listing... maybe listing some other parts and some you never sold.

Edited by B00STDZ

I guess I can't argue that. I'm not very organized, so what I originally said made more sense to me and my poor organizational skills. I still don't like the "per month" bit though. Although, I'm not expecting people to create a new thread every time they sell an item and go to update. That would be silly. I can't think of any other reason why such a thing would be in place.

Edited by rturbo 930

I guess I can't argue that. I'm not very organized, so what I originally said made more sense to me and my poor organizational skills. I still don't like the "per month" bit though. Although, I'm not expecting people to create a new thread every time they sell an item and go to update. That would be silly. I can't think of any other reason why such a thing would be in place.

Once a month would only be to moniter the people posting multiple threads at one time for different items, hogging up the for sale section....

• Administrators

Once a month would only be to moniter the people posting multiple threads at one time for different items, hogging up the for sale section....

As I mentioned previously I like your once a month idea especially if it can be an automatic function within the forum software, (I am not the software guy, so not sure if it is even feasible). After that one month, or maybe make it two months, the ads automatically delete. Allow the 5 day bump to continue as a courtesy for those eager to keep their parts in view?

I also like the idea of allowing 3-4 active ads which allows guys the opportunity to accurately list their parts in the title of their ads when they have a very diverse totally unrelated bunch of parts, for example, a few new-in-the box RB EFI sensors, some used NASCAR take-out V-8 engine parts, some 280-ZX interior pars, and parting out a 2 year old 350-Z, all would be difficult to list in just one title.

A good portion of the ads here are made by members cleaning out their garages one or twice year posting a handful of items, the classifieds is a nice perk for those members. The rest are a small handful of members that are parting car after car using the classifieds as their online auto-salvage/recycling market place, posting ads week after week for months on end, which to some could also be seen as hogging the for sale section. B)

How about letting a member edit there thread indefinitely so they can add more stuff or take away stuff, Instead of them having to make a new one. Also I like the one post a month idea. Maybe if it is possible, in the for sale section of the forum let members edit the title and content of a thread and not allow posting so the people have to send a PM? that way it saves the section from clutter and when something is bought you can just "bump" or edit your thread by saying what is sold.

Edited by 19752802+2

Hows is it unorganized?

You could do...

Thread

title: Parting 280zx and 240z, some misc parts

Alright guys here are my parts

1981 280zx

-turbo

-afm

-wiring harness

1971 240z

-tail lights

-front bumper

-rear bumper

Misc. Parts

-gt35r

-DOHC L28 head

Something like that would be perfectly organized and be all in one thread. Then when the next month rolls around... create a totally new listing... maybe listing some other parts and some you never sold.

This is how I list my mundane items because it is easier to manage than multiple threads. I now put highly desirable items in their own thread for visibility purposes.

One thing which has changed IMHO for the worse from the old board to this one is that I, as a user can no longer lock my own threads. I looked and looked for the tab to do so and either I am blind or it is not there. I was told to contact a moderator to lock my threads, so I did that day before yesterday and the ones I requested to be locked...are still open.

On the old board it was easy to do and had an effect of tieing up loose ends once a sale was completed.

This is just a technical issue, nothing major.

Edited by dhp123166

• 1 month later...

How about letting a member edit there thread indefinitely so they can add more stuff or take away stuff, Instead of them having to make a new one. Also I like the one post a month idea. Maybe if it is possible, in the for sale section of the forum let members edit the title and content of a thread and not allow posting so the people have to send a PM? that way it saves the section from clutter and when something is bought you can just "bump" or edit your thread by saying what is sold.

I was also wondering about the ability to edit after the 1st few days. If you have 6 or 7 items and you sell one or two a week later it would be nice to go into the add and edit out the sold items rather than answering a post of : is this item still available.

Is it possible to automatically delete adds after a 60 day period? Wouldn't this would reduce bandwidth and keep the adds current?

I think kicking ads after 30 days is a good idea (other sites use this), Also i think that a Once a month is junk because i do get cars/parts and if i can only list once a month that would be rediculous to me. Maybe 5 a month (thats one a week and plenty in my opinion), But people that say "when in rome" and are just as bad as those breaking the rules and try to justify it as "hey theyre all doing it why shouldnt i"...I myself would grow up and worry about myself not stoop to their level. As well as that same person having many posts with only a few items/single items in each thread...hypocritical to say the least just like the "rome" statement.

I used to think that this section waas a great resource at hybridz...i think that it needs to be rethought. This isnt craigslist, and if people go to a junkyard every week and just grab junk then throw it on here it clutters things, LEAVE that to the WTB threads in my opinion. If people cant find it they post there, then by all means take your junkyard parts and refurb/sell them on there. Some people actually are moving their personal parts, extras, and parting their cars out...not just passing along junkyard finds. If you want to do that by all means go to that yard everyweek or whatnot and take pics of all the cars/parts, and have people contact you, and be a third party that way instead of cluttering up the for sale section. Also CRAP titles like "s30 parts" "more s30 parts" "yet more s30 parts" i mean really make one thread not 3 and if you are going to make a ton of threads atleast specify what is in them. Funny how theres about 28 threads on the front page, and there are "people" with 1/4 or more of those slots and many of them being SINGLE ITEM POSTS.

Please dont think I am throwing anyone under the bus (even though i did quote a member) but there are atleast 3-4 people i would loooove to bet do just what i stated above, either that or they part out a car every week as their income. But i will say there are people with tons of parts that dont clutter the threads, act like adults, are great to deal with, and only post when they absolutely need to get rid of a huge inventory....like BURLEIGH ,blackicezxt , and others that do a great job of what i think is some of the best for sale posters.

• 3 weeks later...

Frankly Whoring up a section/Using up bandwith (ofcourse more than you paid for) with 20 INDIVIDUAL ads EVERY week so that you take up the whole front page because you cannot control yourself enough to make One or Two threads and list EVERYTHING in them, Is pretty shitty and i would think that maybe thats why this thread is in place. To keep this forum from becoming a shitehole like zilvia and the likes by post whoring, spamming, etc...i hate to say it because i really do like this site, but i think clasic does a good job with their classifieds because they watch over them alot more (but they also dont have as much traffic as here).

Heres a splendid idea for people that cant fall in line and grow up, or atleast respect everyone else, How about you start donating 10-20% of all the stuff you sell to the forum for all the space, headache (for people searching), and bandwidth that you are repeatedly using. Since im pretty sure that the money we donate goes to the site not to just have the privilege to post, its to cover the sites cost and weed out (some of) the idiots, spammers, and people who abuse their "privilege" that they "paid" for.

I would hate to get into the political crap but unless this is controlled its the same "war/takeover without one shot fired" as immigration is in the US. They feel they should have the privilege and dont care about anyone else...unlike some just trying to sell extra parts, NOT make their living off of junkyard parts or stripping cars.

Sorry John no pissing match by far, i hardly use the classifieds even since "paying" for them....i just am not a fan of how the section has gotten hence me not using it so much, its like nicoclubs regular forums. I just expect people to be able to atleast somewhat condense their millions of parts instead of blowing up 1000 topics for 1 part each.

Ive been done with this retardation, but good luck to the forum admins on cleaning up that section and keeping it clean somehow.

-Jeff