HybridZ

Rear Cross Differential Brace for CLSD finned cover (R-200)

73240z

I have been looking around for a easy way to keep my finned cover on my R-200 CLSD and not have it interfere with the rear cross brace. I realize that arizona z car sells the custom billet brace kit and includes the dog legs, but I really don't want to pay $319 for a small piece of metal (I know it looks pretty...) Also, modern-motorsports sells a whole kit for $495 but I don't need all the extra stuff, and its still, IMO priced a little higher than its worth it. I could just use the flat cover and spend that money on a diff cooler but would rather not deal with having gear oil flowing externally.

Question was: Is there anyone who has fabricated the stock one to work with the finned cover? I thought there was some sort of group buy or fabrication going on for these. If anyone has one they don't need let me know!

Does anyone also know how much extra heat builds up without the finned cover on the CLSD?

Thanks!

Thanks for the replies everyone. It seems like there is definitely a market for these at a reasonable price. Maybe we can get a group buy going...? Although, it wouldn't be all that hard to fabricate the current one to work, especially with the nice diagram (thanks "rb26powered74zcar")! $95 from Ross doesn't sound to bad, but I'm still surprised someone has produced one cheaper.

rp975 - Looks good. Not sure if it would work on mine though, I have a fuel cell that comes pretty close to the back of the diff. I have to measure to be exact, but depending on how far the brace sticks out toward the back, clearance might be an issue for modded applications.

Good stuff, thanks!

There was a group buy on those at least a year or more ago. I've priced having that brace made locally but I was quoted a bit over $200 to have a vendor supply the brace in that sketch cut with a waterjet.

Thanks for the replies everyone. It seems like there is definitely a market for these at a reasonable price. Maybe we can get a group buy going...? Although, it wouldn't be all that hard to fabricate the current one to work, especially with the nice diagram (thanks "rb26powered74zcar")! $95 from Ross doesn't sound to bad, but I'm still surprised someone has produced one cheaper.

rp975 - Looks good. Not sure if it would work on mine though, I have a fuel cell that comes pretty close to the back of the diff. I have to measure to be exact, but depending on how far the brace sticks out toward the back, clearance might be an issue for modded applications.

Good stuff, thanks!

There was a group buy on those at least a year or more ago. I've priced having that brace made locally but I was quoted a bit over $200 to have a vendor supply the brace in that sketch cut with a waterjet.

Any knowledge of who did the group buy? I'm curious if there are any left over!

I can figure someone quoting you $200 for a waterjet cnc'd cut for one piece, it would be better to do a large batch, but you could definitely have a guy fabricate the current one for a case of beer at your local metal shop. I know the cnc'd one would look prettier... but who's looking down there? haha

• 3 years later...