HybridZ

Blow through vs Draw Through MAF systems on chipped ECU

Canadianz

Hey guys,

Need some discussion on this,

I am in the process of getting everything lined up so I can get my rb25 chipped and tuned. I will run an RB20det ecu, and I wanted to know who was running a similar system and what they did about the MAF. Currently I have the system set up stock and when the blow off goes the odd time I do have the "rich" condition due to losing un metered air. Is this something that I should worry about once the system is tuned ? Also if anyone is running a blow through set up where did they place the MAF and how much straight pipe is near it ? I really don't have too much room to play with in there. Also would running a recirculating BOV be the easiest route ?

I need input !

Thanks

Here is my set up so you can see what Im talking about . . .

n72604599_39350199_941.jpg

I usually stick with recirculated and a draw through system but its just a preference, I'm not a big BOV noise kinda guy. That being said I ran around with no recirc on my sr20 s14 for about 4 years and its not that bad, mine personally never stalled, just raised the idle to 900-1k. There is a definite rich mix and slight delay in throttle response after shifts though.

If you decide to go blow through I would place it on the cold side of the piping so it can better meter the temp and density of the charge entering your motor. best bet would be as far as t-body as you can before the bend to your intercooler... not really alot of space for piping in these Z's lol.

Im wondering the same thing about a RB26 swap since i dont have the MAF with it id like to try a blow through setup with an aftermarket MAF sensor im just wondering if its fesible or not since i could use just one big maf instead of 2 big ones since space is an issue in S30 Z a blow through would actually save space . RS speed you say to put it just after the I/C i find its a good place for it on WRX it was in the intake pipe near the air box .