HybridZ

New daily drivers

wigenOut-S30

Well, My wife and I got rid of our Toyota Tacoma and Lexus IS300. Our goal is to start paying things off and get out of some debt. Soo.. now our family ride is a Scion XB and this thing is great! I really dig it. It has a Factory Alpine touch screen radio with USB inlet in the center console. You can plug in any USB memory device with music on it and control it at the head unit. Also gets great gas mileage, handles quite decent and is Peppy. Has the 2.4 ltr 158hp- 160tq inline 4. Now my daily driver is a 1987 300ZX NA. My In-laws have had this car for 10 years and it has been parked for about 3. They just gave it to me.. How great is that?!!! The body is in awesome shape but needs all the tune up goodies and brakes bled. The AC works too!! This will keep my Z away from the daily driver status. ok.. on with the pics.

DSCN0654.jpg

DSCN0657.jpg

DSCN0665.jpg

DSCN0663.jpg

DSCN0664.jpg

Extra 1 zillion points if you guys figure out whats "different" about the Z31

DSCN0676.jpg

DSCN0668.jpg

DSCN0672.jpg

DSCN0673.jpg

Looks like an 84-86 z31 with a 87-88 z31 front end conversion.

DING DING DING DING!.. Matt got it straight away.. heh.. It is a 87 with a 85 Front end.I am not sure why someone swapped them. I looked all through the underside of the front. I cannot find any evidence of a crash or repairs.

DING DING DING DING!.. Matt got it straight away.. heh.. It is a 87 with a 85 Front end.I am not sure why someone swapped them. I looked all through the underside of the front. I cannot find any evidence of a crash or repairs.

You sure it's a 87? Those are zenki [86 N/A] wheels as well. You didn't post pics of the rear so I couldn't see the lights. Looks like a 86 N/A to me.

http://z31.com/wheels.shtml

86 N/A:

8137630001_large.jpg

Side skirts look like a kouki... hmmm.

Lookin good, Gabe! Analogue > Digital. Good find.

Edited by flatblack280

You sure it's a 87? Those are zenki [86 N/A] wheels as well. You didn't post pics of the rear so I couldn't see the lights. Looks like a 86 N/A to me.

http://z31.com/wheels.shtml

86 N/A:

8137630001_large.jpg

Side skirts look like a kouki... hmmm.

Lookin good, Gabe! Analogue > Digital. Good find.

It is an 87 for sure. The tails are the long bar type not the larger box type the 86 and older have. You are right about the wheels. I plan on either grabbing a set of 87-89 NA wheels or a set of the Enkie 16x7 meshies but I would have to buy new tires for thoes.

It is an 87 for sure. The tails are the long bar type not the larger box type the 86 and older have. You are right about the wheels. I plan on either grabbing a set of 87-89 NA wheels or a set of the Enkie 16x7 meshies but I would have to buy new tires for thoes.

Nah.... Just get some FR500s :D

21687520015_large.jpg

Or some Cobra Wheels. IDK why but Mustang wheels look great on these cars.

IMG00031-1-1.jpg