HybridZ

crazy over the top body work on a z

1 tuff z

ZR8ED - I mostly agree. He has some good lines in there, just didn't quite finish it right

My issues is that it's way to busy. Way too many details trying to grab your attention. I think if he'd done it a little smoother/sleeker this could have been a car to win car shows.

I can definitely appreciate how low get got the hood line though. Cudo's there. The shape from above is nice too, but again, it gets lots in all that's going on.

Regards to HP, as spark said, 350 crank hp IS completely doable. I wouldn't be surprised if he had more like 325 and just figures it's calls it 350 though.

I like that high front shot. The rear needs work though...looks like he ran out of ideas on how to finish it up. The car has a kind of GTP car of the 80's look to it.

Extreme cars always illicit extreme responses, and those extremes force some poeople to put their head down and follow the pack. Not me. I like extreme cars, and this one is miles ahead of the "lamborzinni" or whatever that other car was called. The guy had balls that's for sure, and this car will turn almost every head on the road!

This Z will never win at a car show, yet everyone will come up and talk to the guy, and will be the most popular site at the show!

Scott.

I agree with the last part, although I'd point out that not all popularity is good popularity...

I don't know about balls, I feel like the guy had no taste, or at least was really indecisive, ie. he had a million ideas and didn't really know what to do with them and basically tried every single one because he didn't know when to quit. It's like always having tons of ideas but not being able to distinguish when you have a bad idea. I moreso admire people who know how and when to be subtle.

I like that high front shot. The rear needs work though...looks like he ran out of ideas on how to finish it up. The car has a kind of GTP car of the 80's look to it.

Agreed. I think the car would do better with all of the little "details" removed (read: things that make the bodywork look 'busy') and then have a race inspired paint job. I think it might actually be OK then.

Davy

14K?!! Even if everything in the pic was included it is not worth that much.

No pic of engine bay. Do you have to remove the body to get to it? Would love to see that 350hp inline!

If you took it to a body shop... it would prob be around 20k to do the work that has been done. Nothing in life is cheap.

350 bhp is doable with a NA L6. I'd like to see dyno sheets for the L6 running a Holley 4v that is pushing 350 hp. It's car show hp. The one and only time I went to the MSA show about 12 years ago I was astounded to see all the trashy looking Z's with 40mm Webers or Mikunis claiming 300 hp or more. Same thing here.

Edited by JMortensen

From the front it doesn't look bad as others have said - then you start paying attention to the detailing and realize its just tacky. The front spoiler, the akwardly small wheel arches, random scoops everywhere... it definitely feels like an 80's race car, minus the function.

Not a fan. Do not understand the bidding unless hes got somebody bidding it up.