HybridZ

Who else is burned out on NASCAR and how to Fix?

SHO-Z

Here are the changes that would make it more interesting to me.

Run the new Mustang, Camaro and Challenger with stock bodies, Toyota can buy the Firebird body style and produce a production car. Use STOCK BLOCK ENGINES, transmission housings and rear ends and Brakes off of a production US made Car or Truck. At least 50% of each car has to have production based parts. Cut the spoilers down to 2†max. The good drivers will go fast and the others will have to learn. Have the top 30 cars get in the race by qualifying and have the rest race their way in with a 30 lap race! No more points getting you in the race. Where NASCAR is going now I have really quit watching or caring after being a fan for over 30 years.

Smaller teams, spending caps, maybe a sponsor cap. It would be cool to see more owner/driver teams have a chance. I love Nascar, but agree that the big teams with the big cash and big sponsors winning all the time is getting old. It would also be cool to see more road corses . While I'm sure that driving in a circle at 180 MPH with 40 other cars for 4 hours is a challenge, I think the real separation between an excellent driver and a good driver is proven in a place like Sonoma.

I don't mind that its basically a spec car series. That's fine and the racing is close. But I can't stand the announcers, any of them. Just STFU and stop talking about something you know very little about and haven't done in 20 years. And don't get me started on Digger... I stopped watching any NASCAR race when Digger showed up a few years ago. I saw Darrell waltrip at Cal Speedway earlier this year and yelled, "Hey Digger!" He wasn't amused.

I don't mind that its basically a spec car series. That's fine and the racing is close. But I can't stand the announcers, any of them. Just STFU and stop talking about something you know very little about and haven't done in 20 years. And don't get me started on Digger... I stopped watching any NASCAR race when Digger showed up a few years ago. I saw Darrell waltrip at Cal Speedway earlier this year and yelled, "Hey Digger!" He wasn't amused.

"Reach down there and tighten up those lap belts"

God I hate the announcers. Digger, lol. The best thing it to turn on the radio announcers and turn down the TV volume.

I watch it sometimes on TV, don't know the background or anything, mainly interested to see how Marcos Ambrose was going. The TV production could be better, there is far too much big picture round and round stuff. From the little closeup I've seen the cars seem to move around a lot which is interesting, more incar camera would be good. The cars look a bit vanilla, I know thats done to standardise the aero but...........

Talk with the V8 Supercar People in Australia.

More Road Courses...

the bathurst series would be a good start, why not just find a cable network that shows the aussie and NZ races? heck hamilton runs the supercars aroudd the city streets like the Monaco GP.

Maybe do a race round washington DC and the capitol, GTA rules, 100 points per congressman and 500 points per senator?

the bathurst series would be a good start, why not just find a cable network that shows the aussie and NZ races? heck hamilton runs the supercars aroudd the city streets like the Monaco GP.

Maybe do a race round washington DC and the capitol, GTA rules, 100 points per congressman and 500 points per senator?

Deathrace 2010: DC!

I'd watch that, and with the definite time limit before senators and congressmen are 'sent to the streets' to particpiate in mandatory competition against constitutents who are driving high-powered cars, I can see a healthy feeder series locally as well!

If we could only get our footy rules to come in line with down under, we could fix that snooze-fest as well! :D

Best thread I've read in a while. Awesome guys. (on all aspects/points)

I really couldn't possibly care any less about NASCAR than I currently do. The thing that bothers me is how much attention nascar gets, and get it's impossible to find any decent WRC coverage on TV. I'd watch any airing of the 24 hours of lemons if it was showed on any channel. Hell, just a 1 hour recap of the highlights would be great.

I guess what I really want is a "grassroots racing TV" channel.