HybridZ

Interior squeaking noise?

85300ZX

i have a 85 300Zx non turbo, and every once in a while it makes this loud squeaking noise from the interior of the car. narrowed it down to this small piece of plastic on the t-top frame, attached to the map lights. nissan dealership has no clue what it even is/ does, and its not in the manual. anyone have advice/know what this piece is and how i can make it shut up?

i have a 85 300Zx non turbo, and every once in a while it makes this loud squeaking noise from the interior of the car. narrowed it down to this small piece of plastic on the t-top frame, attached to the map lights. nissan dealership has no clue what it even is/ does, and its not in the manual. anyone have advice/know what this piece is and how i can make it shut up?

Im Pretty sure there's a little fan up there, I vaguely remember pulling it out of the parts car we had.

That was on an 84 AE for all its worth.

I doubt its all that important, and if thats whats squeaking then its probably either worn out or needs to be cleaned. Either way, check it out and see if thats your problem. Its some sort of sensor/fan combination but I'm not entirely sure what its purpose is.

dome fan

take a look at the bottom of this thread, theres a link to a picture of what Im talking about.

Cheers

Rob

• 5 weeks later...