HybridZ

'81 ZXT CAS, Trigger Wheel Settings

evil_datto

Ok thanks, hmm.. so is there somewhere I'm missing where I have to enter that I'm using the 3 teeth?

Thanks, Scott.

Nope. With the wheel decoder off, it will expect one pulse each time the cylinder fires - for a six cylinder engine, that's either a six tooth wheel in the distributor, or a three tooth crank trigger.

• 3 months later...

hello, I'm also interested in running this setup, but was under the impression it wouldn't work... I am currently running a z31(82-83 280zx turbo dizzy is the same type) Would I be able to use the same ecu hardware, or is the trigger different, and would require the other circuit? does the signal still need pull up? I figured Id use this thread, as it might help the author, and matt from diy(where I got my ecu from, fully assembled ms1 that I have FINALLY gotten running!!!) But I am curious as I love the idea of crank fired and have the 280zx turbo (81) balancer etc to run that on my 280z.... I wouldn't mind having the ability to run the l28 on megasquirt!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...