HybridZ

can you I.D. these flares?

nagaz

Please help I.D. the flares in the attached pic. I would really like to use these flares on the project V-8Z track car my auto class is working on. Also - i've had no luck finding these flares for sale - Thanks in advance for all the help!!

nagaZ

post-11405-12718241096723_thumb.jpg

post-11405-12718241323452_thumb.jpg

post-11405-12718241926859_thumb.jpg

Edited by nagaz

I've got a new set I'll let go... PM me.

Are the flares you have MSA street flares or "ZG" style bolt on ? I know it's a pain but could you email me a pic of the set you have? very interested! & thanks!

How does the size of these flares compare to the ZG flares?

The rear flare is a 3" increase from stock. If you can find the same spec, then you have your answer. I want to say ZGs are an inch and a half or two inches wider.

I'm pretty sure MAS did make them for MSA, but they don't make them anymore and no longer have the molds.

Edited by JMortensen

And here is what it should look like after they are molded in and smoothed. Just remember that fiberglass and metal dont always sit well together. Although I dont have any cracking/lifting yet, it is still a distinct possibility down the road. They have been on my car for about 8 years.

med_gallery_3718_760_101769.jpg

They are FG. Here is a pic of the same flares. I can take pics when your sure.

RB , The pic you sent with the cleco's holding the flares on is the exact flares i'm looking for - really appriciate your help! email me a pic or two & how much if you can. nagaauto@yahoo.com

The ones rb26powered74zcar has in the first pic are the same ones. (The green car is mine). From what I saw of MAS flares, the fronts looked different from the Motorsport Auto "Street Flares" (not as convex of a bubble). FYI MSA contacted me about my set and wanted to buy them to make a new mold. Maybe you guys should work something out with them!

Edited by zlalomz

The ones rb26powered74zcar has in the first pic are the same ones. (The green car is mine). From what I saw of MAS flares, the fronts looked different (not as convex of a bubble) from the Motorsport Auto "Street Flares". FYI MSA contacted me about my set and wanted to buy them to make a new mold. Maybe you guys should work something out with them!

Hi s---- , i'm the auto teacher from holliter - hope it's ok i used your green z pic's - i took your advise - Hybridz is a great web site - still learning to use correctly. Thanks so much for all your help!!

TA -

The rear flare is a 3" increase from stock. If you can find the same spec, then you have your answer. I want to say ZGs are an inch and a half or two inches wider.

I'm pretty sure MAS did make them for MSA, but they don't make them anymore and no longer have the molds.

Thanks for the help jon , i'm very determine to find this style of flare for our project.

Thanks for the help jon , i'm very determine to find this style of flare for our project.

Just reading my previous quote there and I worded it pretty badly. The street flare is 3" wider than stock ZG is 1.5-2 inches wider than stock. That's going by memory on the ZG, so might double check me.