HybridZ

Car runs but hot?

I just recently got my zx running but I am having issues after about 2 minutes idle headers start smoking it seems. What I do notice is the valve covers are getting very hot. I'm still learning alot, any advice would be appreciated. Maybe needs to be timed? I think maybe thermostat not working? Seems like no pressure building up in radiator. Just tossing out some things I notice may not mean anything. Any advice appreciated.

Car had been sitting close to a year. I replaced almost all gaskets. Thermostat, Valve Cover, Intake, etc. Added N42 Intake, Aftermarket Header, Cold Start Delete, Air Regulator Delete. Injector connectors and other sensors alike replaced. All A/C Components have been removed.

Close to everything has been pull apart inspected clean/replaced. It fires up geat has good throttle response after about 30-45 seconds running. Once it starts running though thats when it smokes.

I will try for the air bubble I have seen a car at work with those symptoms and it was an air bubble, forgot about that. I had most the radiator and hose apart when I clean up all the EFI components. (Had to rethread a bolt behind the radiator.. :( )

Well I cant know 100% cause I had the cluster out. I did not have time to hook it all up and what not, I am going to check when I get home. I just don't wanna let it run thinking its burn off or something or fresh gasket heating up and burn up something. I just dont recall the car heating up hot enough in that short of time to were you could barely place your hand on the valve cover. Maybe I am being to cautious being my first car to actually strip down this far.

Ran it with cap off then put it back on let it run for a bit seem to stay cool after that I did not get to let it run to long though cause Now I see an Injector leaking... :blink:

Guess you gain some you loose some. Hopefully I will fix that later and get to find out for sure.

Edit Injector fixed car seems to be running good. Weird though if I disconnect FPR from the intake car seems to run better.

Edited by ZBoost