HybridZ

280z with ls3 with LS1 fuel tank

i have installed LS1 Camaro 2002 fuel tank (cell) into my 280z after that i ran the car but it seem the car is running rich fuel ,the ls1 fuel tank has stock pump with its regulator .

LS3 engine with the stock PCM

no external regulator just the stock one that comes with the original LS1 pump.

i made fuel filter with the return line .

since the LS3 engine that does not come with the fuel pressure regulator in the fuel rail .

okay should i keep the fuel regulator that comes on the main pump or should i do gutting to it? it may solve the problem

what do you think guys ??

Edited by 280Z76LS2

I think the first thing would be to check your fuel pressure at the rail, then go from there. I didn't use the LS1 tank or pump, so I put a regulator in the engine bay. Others have used the Corvette fuel filter/regulator with good results.

Mike

I think the first thing would be to check your fuel pressure at the rail, then go from there. I didn't use the LS1 tank or pump, so I put a regulator in the engine bay. Others have used the Corvette fuel filter/regulator with good results.

Mike

my ls3 engine does not come with the fuel pressure regulator at the fuel rails

As far as I know, there is no regulator in the LS1 Camaro gas tank. I too am running a LS1 Camaro tank with the stock pump, but I am running a stock '00-'04 Corvette filter/regulator (Wix #33737, priced under $50).

I'd be willing to bet the reason you are running rich is because you do not have a regulator at all right now.

Best thing to do is check the fuel pressure at the rail, the car does not need to be running, just make sure the system is pressurized. If you have more than 58-59 psi at the rail then you have too much pressure.

As far as I know, there is no regulator in the LS1 Camaro gas tank. I too am running a LS1 Camaro tank with the stock pump, but I am running a stock '00-'04 Corvette filter/regulator (Wix #33737, priced under $50).

I'd be willing to bet the reason you are running rich is because you do not have a regulator at all right now.

Best thing to do is check the fuel pressure at the rail, the car does not need to be running, just make sure the system is pressurized. If you have more than 58-59 psi at the rail then you have too much pressure.

do you have a plastic one?

here how it looks like

i have similar to that Corvette filter/regulator.but do you have regulator attached to your fuel rail? because ls3 does not have iy

post-8909-12726387345178_thumb.jpg

do you have a plastic one?

here how it looks like

i have similar to that Corvette filter/regulator.but do you have regulator attached to your fuel rail? because ls3 does not have iy

That looks about right, but I ditched my charcoal canister. Here's mine installed:

post-778-12726407337545_thumb.jpg

The caption is wrong. If the tank/pump had a built in regulator, then why is there a return line on the stock pickup? You wouldn't need a return line if everything was built it....

This is the filter/regulator I am using: http://www.amazon.com/Wix-33737-Complete-Line-Filter/dp/B000C9UJUU

It is located in my engine bay, but not on the fuel rail. It has a 3/8" inlet/outlet and a 5/16" return.

The LS1/LS6 returnless fuel rail have a small device on them that many mistake as a fuel pressure regulator, its not. It is a damper to smooth out any pulses.

BUT, before you go any farther, just like m1noel and myself have already stated, you need to find out what your fuel pressure is at the rail with the system pressured BEFORE doing anything else and possibly buying something you don't need. We can guess about this until we are blue in the face or die of old age, but the end result is the same, get a fuel pressure reading at the rail (Its stupid simple to do this, ALL LSx EFI motors have a schrader valve on the rail to check system fuel pressure), post the results, and we'll go from there.

Edited by Cable

That looks about right, but I ditched my charcoal canister. Here's mine installed:

post-778-12726407337545_thumb.jpg

The caption is wrong. If the tank/pump had a built in regulator, then why is there a return line on the stock pickup? You wouldn't need a return line if everything was built it....

This is the filter/regulator I am using: http://www.amazon.com/Wix-33737-Complete-Line-Filter/dp/B000C9UJUU

It is located in my engine bay, but not on the fuel rail. It has a 3/8" inlet/outlet and a 5/16" return.

The LS1/LS6 returnless fuel rail have a small device on them that many mistake as a fuel pressure regulator, its not. It is a damper to smooth out any pulses.

BUT, before you go any farther, just like m1noel and myself have already stated, you need to find out what your fuel pressure is at the rail with the system pressured BEFORE doing anything else and possibly buying something you don't need. We can guess about this until we are blue in the face or die of old age, but the end result is the same, get a fuel pressure reading at the rail (Its stupid simple to do this, ALL LSx EFI motors have a schrader valve on the rail to check system fuel pressure), post the results, and we'll go from there.

thanks bro i will check and i will feed you back

...The caption is wrong. If the tank/pump had a built in regulator, then why is there a return line on the stock pickup? You wouldn't need a return line if everything was built it....

Mine is from a 2004 GTO and it has a built-in regulator. The return line is from the fuel filter. The fuel is pumped firstly to the filter and a 'T' junction after the filter sends the fuel either to the rails or back to the tank via the built-in regulator. The line coming back from the engine is only a vapour line to the charcoal canister.

I don't know if this will work or not but if you try blowing on the return port on the pump you should experience resistance if it has a built-in regulator - assuming its in a normally closed position.

(edit) I have added a photo of the regulator. I assume if you have one attached to your pump then it would be there to work.

post-1266-12726998780796_thumb.jpg

post-1266-12726998986153_thumb.jpg

post-1266-12727008906445_thumb.jpg

Edited by Boy from Oz