HybridZ

How to steal a S30

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This would be a modification but almost no one would figure it out, but I would make a hidden switch which cuts the coil signal to the ECU. It would be a simple modification which only a Datsun Tech would know how to do and all it will do is prevent the needed signal from the coil to pulse the injectors to get to the ECU. This will prevent a hotwire and drive off or slamming the ignition (if either one even works). It will also prevent someone from being able to jam another key and starting it that way. It is simple and would take a few minutes as long as you know what you are cutting and splicing and assuming you don't install the switch in an obvious spot like next to the ignition switch.

My s2000 got stolen last year, never found it. Found out they peeled my ride due to my ems standalone it eliminated my factory system that was in there for the chip key. Will a lot of Honda now days gets stolen like that alot, usually they have a ecu, or they must stalked u long enough to have raped your ride. either way best way and most effective way I found useful for Catalytic thieffs. 20 pound test line, atless 3 - 5 Trible hooks, and some good knot tieing, With a fishing bell,and a 12ft fishing pool. Best alarm ever and u get the real feeling of catching a whale. I had that installed to my s30 also.

Tony's advice is #1 on my list. Pulling the rotor is fast and does the job better than any noise maker could ever do. Most loud attachments are defeated within 30 seconds. Removing a part required is certainly much more effective. They might always just tow it away, but that so much less common it's not really a concern to me personally.

Me personally though, I do something that takes less time than the rotor and is easier for me personally. I pull the ECU. I don't run kick panels or much interior anyways (carpet, dash, seats is all) so I just reach down, pull the ECU out, and walk away. It's a bit bulky to walk around the mall with, but carry a backpack like most of us should for all our crap, and the problem is solved! I've even worked in neighborhoods that I've pulled the ECU while working on a job for 3 hours. You just never know sometimes.

The best thing to do is get a garage...if you cant afford one, then you better have a "stated insurance policy" that has theft coverage and then the insurance kicks in. Those are really the only things that will stop you car from being stolen/help you get another one when they do steal the car cause you kept it outside and thought pulling a rotor, kill switch, etc would help (since theyre useless against a tow truck).

The best thing to do is get a garage...if you cant afford one, then you better have a "stated insurance policy" that has theft coverage and then the insurance kicks in. Those are really the only things that will stop you car from being stolen/help you get another one when they do steal the car cause you kept it outside and thought pulling a rotor, kill switch, etc would help (since theyre useless against a tow truck).

well with the gps tracker , it sends you a message if the car gets out of 500 meters range, so even if your car is in a tow truck it will let you know where is it, and where are they going.

this is the one im using. some specs

Here is a small list of what it can do for you and your vehicle:

Track on Demand - Replies with a TXT message of current latitude, longitude, speed, and time, as well as an Internet map link to your cellphone to show you exactly where the GPS tracker/your vehicle is.

Geo-fencing control - When the vehicle moves in/out the preset scope, it will send an SMS alarm to the authorized phone numbers.

Movement and Speed Alert: The tracker can warm you with SMS message when the vehicle starts to move from a stationary status, or when the vehicle is moving faster than a preset speed.

Stop the Engine: You can send an SMS message to the tracker to cut off the gas and battery power, so the engine will remain in an immobilized state until your remove the alarm status.

http://www.chinavasion.com/product_info.php/pName/gps-car-tracker/

Edited by boggero

Thats all well and good but if they disconnect a battery, find the gps piece, tow it on a flatbed....that makes that gps useless, right? If the car is in a garage they cant really get to it....and if it is "gotten to" the insurance is the fallback...best measures you can take if you really think about it. Cars can be replaced, but doing two small things can make that A) not happen, or B) easy to deal with if it does.

Edited by sticky280zx

I have a connector from the 15-pin output on my megasquirt that operates two pairs of coils and the power to the injectors. The car is basically impossible to start without the connector. Even if they steal it, they would probably have to start all over. Plus, I have a quick connect steering wheel. Plus I park the car in the garage most of the time.

Thats all well and good but if they disconnect a battery, find the gps piece, tow it on a flatbed....that makes that gps useless, right? If the car is in a garage they cant really get to it....and if it is "gotten to" the insurance is the fallback...best measures you can take if you really think about it. Cars can be replaced, but doing two small things can make that A) not happen, or B) easy to deal with if it does.

lol you are right if they find the tracker its done, but if they disconnect the battery it keeps working it has a backup battery included, it claims it can work up to 80 hours, but dont know anything about that, i havent test it

Yet. Hehe, so i better hide it really well

• 1 month later...