HybridZ

Random but spotted an anniversary zx on pawn stars

ModernS30

Just wanted to say I saw some guy selling his 80 anniversary Black and Red 280zx. You guys know what they are. Crazy guy, car wasn't running worth crap and asked 28k. Then they said 4,000 and he said yes.

Just wanted to say I saw some guy selling his 80 anniversary Black and Red 280zx. You guys know what they are. Crazy guy, car wasn't running worth crap and asked 28k. Then they said 4,000 and he said yes.

The episode ended by a mechanic looking at the engine's condition and advising the shop NOT to buy the car. I did sound as if it was hitting on five and popping back through the intake.

The episode ended by a mechanic looking at the engine's condition and advising the shop NOT to buy the car. I did sound as if it was hitting on five and popping back through the intake.

I saw, would have been a good investment if you put about 2 or 3k in it and got it for about 1k. You could easily get it turbo and quick for that and then sell it. Or just put it back to factory and sell it to a collector. Remember there are z purists out there that will pay for a good clean car. Not that it was clean the car sounded horrid.

Here's 'The History Channel' link to their community forum with pics of the car:

http://community.history.com/topic/7778/t/1980-Datsun-280ZX-10th-Anniversary-Edition.html?page=-1

Comment/review from a Vegas Blog:

"The next guy brought in a 1980 Datsun 280ZX. It sounds kind of rough, like a missing cylinder. The guy wanted $28,000 but Rick wanted to give $4000 firm. So, it sold pending a mechanic looking over the car. The house mechanic decided it was not worth it so because of so many problems, so there was no sale."

I don't feel so bad now for what I paid for my clean Z. :wink:

I just watched this episode, I was all excited when I saw it, and how it was kind of promising, until the dude started it up... he was a jerk, too! Gives Z owners a bad name.

Although, people like him seem to be a dime a dozen... they think that if you polish a turd long enough it will become gold... except he thought his turd was already golden.

The seller was a tool.

He posted 4 years ago on a different z site that he had just purchased the car with a rust red paint job and a blown head gasket for $400 . He was looking for anniversary decals for the car.

He also said on pawn stars that he had put a 20 foot- 20 mph paint job on it hisself. He said it was worth $60 to $70 thousand.

He is an idiot.

The seller was a tool.

He posted 4 years ago on a different z site that he had just purchased the car with a rust red paint job and a blown head gasket for $400 . He was looking for anniversary decals for the car.

He also said on pawn stars that he had put a 20 foot- 20 mph paint job on it hisself. He said it was worth $60 to $70 thousand.

He is an idiot.

Wow. It seems he didn't do much to bring the value up past $400.

That dude gave all Z owners a bad name. I can not believe the crap that he said and even worse for one of the first times in my life, I found myself yelling at the TV screen "do buy that Rick...don't do it" Thank god his staff mechanic talked sense into him. The Old Man would have had a coronary when I saw how much Rick paid for it and how much it would cost to make it right. In the end, the Black and Reds don't go for all that much unless. There was that one that was on Fleabay a few times, it had like less than 5000 miles and the guy wanted $20K for it or something. The bottomline is that the tool selling that car did not know what he was talking about. Glad Rick did not make that money pit mistake.