HybridZ

Need new rear tail panel-motorsport on backorder

Well once again motorsport auto has a part on a lengthy backorder. I am looking for the rear sheetmetal repair panel below the taillights. My body guy can Fix the rust on mine, but for the money i would rather put a new one on if available. Does anybody have one or another source?

http://www.thezstore.com/store/graphics/00000001/large307240.jpg

Edited by gregkring

This place in Australia has them for sale under "Rust Panel Sills" https://rsp-secure.com/rarespares/default.asp?car_type=34A&model=DATSUN%20240Z%20260Z ...they are $121 Australian dollars which is about $110 USD.

Those are the side sills, they also sell the upper hatch sill panel, but I am looking for the lower half below the bumper mounts. Thanks for the reply

Tried Tabco? fairly certain they are the manufacturer of that piece.

They supply the top panel and other pieces to motorsport, but not this piece. They offered to make one if they can get a good one to start with. I obviously don't have that much time to wait. Mine actually looks pretty good, but the paint is starting to bubble at the spot welds and I would rather replace than repair if possible. I don't want to hold up the body guy for a month waiting on this panel, however.

Greg

They supply the top panel and other pieces to motorsport, but not this piece. They offered to make one if they can get a good one to start with. I obviously don't have that much time to wait. Mine actually looks pretty good, but the paint is starting to bubble at the spot welds and I would rather replace than repair if possible. I don't want to hold up the body guy for a month waiting on this panel, however.

Greg

Well, the panel showed up today. It shipped on Monday, the same day I ordered it. Looks like Motorsport was confused and telling me it was on backorder, meanwhile it was already on the way! I'll forgive the mistake this time since it was in my favor. I will say their customer service has always been great. I can forgive their higher prices as long as I get the delivery and service. There is good, fast, and cheap and you only get to pick two.

Don't waste your money on this panel. It is almost perfectly flat and the two pads for the bumper mount are not stamped deep enough at all. We had to slice and dice the panel to get it to curve in both directions to fit the car. The bumper pads had to be cut on three sides to allow the panel to conform. Other than the stamping impression in the middle you are better off starting with a flat piece of sheetmetal for $20.

To add insult to injury I found a supplier $100 cheaper than Motorsport for this piece.

http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/240z.html

In this case I got it fast, but it was not cheap or good. My bodyman is teaching me lots of tricks, however.

Don't waste your money on this panel. It is almost perfectly flat and the two pads for the bumper mount are not stamped deep enough at all. We had to slice and dice the panel to get it to curve in both directions to fit the car. The bumper pads had to be cut on three sides to allow the panel to conform. Other than the stamping impression in the middle you are better off starting with a flat piece of sheetmetal for $20.

To add insult to injury I found a supplier $100 cheaper than Motorsport for this piece.

http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/240z.html

In this case I got it fast, but it was not cheap or good. My bodyman is teaching me lots of tricks, however.

There are threads on this board about showcars-bodyparts. I have never purchased from them. But do your research here before you buy from them.