HybridZ

ls1 280zx

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

do you live in san antoion or in universal city? cause there is a zx with an ls1 swap over here that I have heard about but have never seen it. Just curious.....also the pictures did not work.

i live in denton . i havent figured out how to post pictures , sorry .

i live in denton . i havent figured out how to post pictures , sorry .

i got it . need help with wheels . those stock turbo wheels are too small . and posi unit . anyone ?

post-11413-12731607843519_thumb.jpg

post-11413-12731609116178_thumb.jpg

Edited by Domzs

brings tears to my eyes! to finally see a zx with a ls1 in it's rightful place. man if its no trouble please tell all zx owners how you got it in there. Don't leave out any details, because i want to begin my swap now!!!! rolleyes.gif

engine and trans. , 6 spd. , fit perfectly . the major the problem is the steering shaft . i ve decided to use camaro shorty on the driverside with mod. on the collector , dont want to have custom headers . as you know they dont last a long time . used most parts from local stores , easier to get replacement later . i cut the steering shaft and added another joint and support bearing . fits very tight but no binding . i ll check out the 2010 camaro ss shorty later , it might fit better . if you have any questions about the swap , you can email me . i ve done a lot of research on my project , try to save money and keep her as stock as possible .

i can definately show you some insider options that i have on wheels and the rear end as well...shoot me an email (datsundriver88@hotmail.com) and i can give you my number. Im by 635 and 35 in farmers branch/carrollton area, so we can definitely get together and go over the options and id love to check out that zx -Jeff

i can definately show you some insider options that i have on wheels and the rear end as well...shoot me an email (datsundriver88@hotmail.com) and i can give you my number. Im by 635 and 35 in farmers branch/carrollton area, so we can definitely get together and go over the options and id love to check out that zx -Jeff

i was there sunday afternoon . think i m going with rota rb wheels , 17x7.5 +4 front and 17x9.5 -13 rear . waiting on a reply from ebay on OBX posi diff. advertised for 300zx with r200 . not 100% sure it'll work on 280zx turbo . since 88 + r200 lsd will work , dont see why not .

post-11413-12734965450096_thumb.jpg

post-11413-12734965822121_thumb.jpg

Awesome man! My sbc 280zx is jealous. Pics are good, but videos are 10x better icon_smile.gif

have enough z's ? i m the one should be jealous . i had 5 z's at one time . 2 of them got crushed not long ago , 79 and 84 turbo . now , i only have 3 left , 83 , 84 turbo , and 91 .

post-11413-12736239345653_thumb.jpg

You're jealous of my Z addiction curse? Man, what I wouldn't give to be down to 3 right now icon_smile.gif (Two will be for sale soon enough, though)

i m not done with my z collection yet . need to get 280z and another zx as soon as i get all my cars done .

• 3 weeks later...

i m not done with my z collection yet . need to get 280z and another zx as soon as i get all my cars done .

Dom,

did you have to cut the front of the oil pan? If you don't your motor should be sitting against the fire wall. I hope to get back into my ZX swap very soon.

Dom,

did you have to cut the front of the oil pan? If you don't your motor should be sitting against the fire wall. I hope to get back into my ZX swap very soon.

yes i did and extended the pickup tube . after i did it , i realized i did really have to cut it all the way . i should have knotched the corners to clear the rack , this way the pickup stays the same . good luck with your project . i ll be glad to help if i can .

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Do you have any pictures of oil pan modification? I had a sbc in my 83 zx and pulled it out sat. Now for the ls1 engine i am using the JTR kit with the small block older chevy to ls1 conversion mounts off of ebay the adjustable ones for 99.00 it lets you put and ls1 in an older gm. I hope it works. i have all kinds of stock manifolds for ls1 but i saw som block huggers from jegs. They look similar to the jtr sanderson headers they meet in the middle and go strait down. Any pointers on pan would be great. thanks Kirk Eilertsen

post-9049-071446200 1286234594_thumb.jpg

here the photo of the oil pan . if you are going to position motor the way i did it , you don't have to cut it all the way , just knotch it at the corners enough to clear the rack . this way you don't have to mod. the oil pick up tube . here is the latest addition , sting ray hood scoop , unfinished . you can get 1 block hugger header for the pass. side and as for driver side , you can try a 2010 camaro shorty . i used the 2000 camaro , but had to mod. the steering shaft , very very close to the header , more than i would like . i'll try 2010 header later .

Do you have any pictures of oil pan modification? I had a sbc in my 83 zx and pulled it out sat. Now for the ls1 engine i am using the JTR kit with the small block older chevy to ls1 conversion mounts off of ebay the adjustable ones for 99.00 it lets you put and ls1 in an older gm. I hope it works. i have all kinds of stock manifolds for ls1 but i saw som block huggers from jegs. They look similar to the jtr sanderson headers they meet in the middle and go strait down. Any pointers on pan would be great. thanks Kirk Eilertsen

post-11413-008938200 1286370750_thumb.jpg

post-11413-096098100 1286370781_thumb.jpg

Edited by Domzs

• 3 weeks later...