HybridZ

Ebay turbo 280Z

Here is a video of my LT1 Z. It has a 9" t400 and twin Ebay T 70's. I was hopin to get it to 5.99 and on second trip off trailer it went 6.11 at 114.97. So it is close and I think I will get there with tweaking the tune and getting it setup.

I am footbrake and the tune isn't right yet last night I think my opti took a dump. I think I will add a 2 step when i change the opti

Nice plumbing work on the underhood side of the car. Let us know how those ebay turbos last. I know there has been talk about the doubts of their longevity, but you never know, they may just work out fine. Good looking car too.

The video is very revealing and it appears that you have the car set up very well. It stays planted and just pulls from the line, continually accelerating with just a loud GRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLL! I'd love to see that on an iMax screen, up close, with surround sound.

Davy

I agree on turbos they are CHEAP like $500 for pair delivered. I may go Master Power T70's but these aren't falling off as you said but longevity will likely be a problem.

A few at track say it looks like it is being pulled by a cable it just goes down the track with little movement. Problem is that was ~2800 launch if I bow to 3400 I carry the front and have to get out...so its a fine line I want to change from 4.11 to 3.70 but not sure if that will hurt it.

Problem now is first gear lasts a LONG time like 1.5 seconds then I shift and immediately (.3 sec) into drive... and then it is hang on for the ride. There is more in the setup, I had hoped to get 5.99 but Friday nite I think I lost the opti went 6.35 at 106 and 10.5 at 95 coasting it died late in 1/8. So may be a while before I can go again.

I will likely add a 2 step and clean some stuff up. It is a work in progress I live near a 1/4 mle track so want to go 9.9 to be in single digit club. I don't plan to hold in it, just hold maybe 120 after 1/8 should get me there

Amazing part is the inlet air temps are low that night they were ~85 on a 55 degree nite friday was hot and emps hit 91 f so meth does help. I shoot dual M7 an M10 and ~73% of 93 lb injectors so she is starting to make some power.

I am still changing tune friday was best tune and then of course it seems the opti went....

Thanks

Jack