HybridZ

241JZ

Hey guys, never started one of these for my car and its pretty much done now. Here's a few shots from start to finish over the past year and a bit. 1jz swap, lots of other stuff if your interested just ask :) I did all the work, including paint in my Garage, minus the driveshaft.

32417760001_large.jpg

32417760002_large.jpg

32417760015_large.jpg

32417760006_large.jpg

32417760016_large.jpg

32417760083_large.jpg

32417760085_large.jpg

32417760094_large.jpg

32417760095_large.jpg

Edited by Meph

Awesome looking car bro. Could you please provide a few details about the suspension. How much has the car been lowered and what size wheels (offset/backspacing) and tires are you running?

Also thanx for the step by step guide on car painting; I will be using your steps within the next month or so to paint my car.

Rear, 11x15 0 offset rim, 285\40\15 tires

Front, 8or9 x 15 with 205\50\15 dunno the offset

Suspensions got the bump steer spacers in the front, Techiko springs (dunno the drop, stock style replacement struts of unknown brand, big sway bar in the front, but none in the rear yet, few other things but not too sure on it all.

Good luck with the paint, if its your first time painting, its gonna be a few trys till you get it right, if your not clear coating it and just spraying stright trem, do a lot of light coats, then once its cured wetsand + polishn' buff it and it will look great. You'll likly get a lot of orange peel but that what the wet sanding is for. pm me any questions B)

• 3 weeks later...

32417760089_large.jpg

32417760092_large.jpg

32417760072_large.jpg

32417760073_large.jpg

old ones, all that I could find right now, the gt40 is getting replaced with a holset hx35 for now, maybe somethign even smaller later, just looking for response mainly

Edited by Meph

• 2 weeks later...

Don't have any weatherstripping, one day I'll track some down I did however tidy everything up with a bit of black paint around the window, dont think I ahve pics of it.

I followed the mount making process in the 1jz swap thread, and its running off a Haltech E6X right now, works good but a but lacks some features and tech support is terrible. Holset turbo is int he process of beign installed, really looking forward to seeing how it compares.

Got the rims in the deal with the car, they are massive and impossible to get tires for. Im gonna end up having to stretch 225/50/15's over the rear (the ratty 240z that was all over the net is running the same size rim with a a 225/50 so it is possible :)

You did spy my emblem, I take a lot of flak for that, but I refuse to change it out of stubbornness. I dont have a datsun emblem ether way so I figured id show some of my Toyota love on the datsun :D

I have my Holset hx35 install now along with my HKS cam gears.

Very sad news on the 1jz front though, when installing turbos a few days ago I forgot to attach my oil return line, i was very busy doing 10 things on the car at once, started it and let it idle while I checked for leaks, well, after dumping ALL the oil onto the garage floor I found one. I herd the engine making a stange noise, I believe it was the oil pump running dry, like a slurping straw in a slushie. noticed the leak and turned the engine off asap, threw a little hissy fit and started assessing the damage.

The engine dosnt knock but if you rev it up in neutral at liek 3-4 k you get the can of marbles noise, now i read a ton of stories online of places forgetting to refil the oil after a change and the engine being fine after, some drove 40 miles and were able refil the oil and have a "normal" driving engine, but everyones a little different and I may have gotten unlucky. Ive been leaning out my fuel mixtures and adding ignition timing so I could also be pinging, really hard to tell at that RPM, noises happen fast. It defiantly not constant noise, It will come and go depending on throttle position over 2000 rpm (only free revving, havnt noticed any knocks driving).

I got a spare block if its the problem, or ill get a long block, can usually score a deal online for a few hundred. Not the end of the world but a big PITA.

:D

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,

Not much to update on but Ive been enjoying the car a lot, and need to raise my exhaust up as the car scrapes like mad when its loaded with stuff.

After tuning my 1JZ I'm starting to close in on 35MPG, may have already hit it. Im pretty sure I'm around 33MPG right now :) (yes fuel economy matters to me, I like a challenge)

Here's a pic too

40.jpg