HybridZ

Wolf3Dv4 project L24e+t

MAG86

Hi all, just recently purchased a Wolf3Dv4 incl loom and handcontroller. Came of a VG30det

The writing on the case says

W3D41015

So I assume its a v4

BUT is it?

It could be a v4PLUS, or v400, how do I tell???

I just thought to check, as there are a few different manuals and user guides floating around on the web. I dont want to get it all setup according to one book, then find out I got it either WRONG, or there were MORE featres I could of used.

I powered it up today, just with the GRND and 12+ wires. Is there a way to check version? My next move is to splice together a PC data cable. There are a few posts on the RX7 forums showing how to butcher a cable together. (at my work there is a few technicians that can make a pro one for me)

Then somehow finding the most appropriate software. (the V500 program is meant to work fine, but the user guide is not easy to get)

There is a pc based datalogging software out there somewhere too.

NEXT QUESTION:

as for tuning, Im in the middle of no-where in Australia, 7hrs from Melbourne, and 3 hrs from Sydney. there are a few local tuners but they arent too interested in such 'old school' technology, so it is $180 per hour to tune. (the car itself cost $400....)

SO as for the tuning, is there anyone with a map saved on the pc that I can copy and use as a base?

I have a L24e with MN47 head.

L28et turbo manifold

L28e intake manifold

270cc hosetail injectors

Bosch 040 high pressure fuel pump

RB20det turbo (recently rebuilt, nearly new), split dump-pipe (down pipe) and 3 inch to 2.75 inch stainless mandrel bend exhaust

60+mm KA24e Throttle Body

2.5 inch cooler piping

FORD turbo intercooler (ozzie made, well flowing, go0d up to 220kW at the wheels on a 4 litre engine)

With the compression being around 8.7:1 Im only looking to run 6 to 8psi, also the N47 head has a few quench issues under boost (likes to detonate)

I do have the L28et Distributor with the CAS/chopper wheel built in, and also the turbo oil pump and dissy drive shaft to suit.

I am having trouble wiring it up though, I have a single coil but looking int useing a 3 coil setup.

So its a basic turbo setup on an L24. no camshaft (yet... next thread for that)

Not going super power, just reliable daily driver with a bit of kick

Aiming for 150 to 200 HP at the wheels (nice upgrade from the current 70 HP at the last club dyno day.. much embarrasment)

AND FINALLY:

For the oxygen sensor, is there one to keep an eye out for that is best? Ive seen a few wideband units about, but I have no idea if this version of ECU will take one.

Sorry for hte long speil, its jsut the support of this ECU is really hard to get out here, the web page is fairly descriptive, but actual support... nuffin.