The hp seems a little high.

The torque sounds about right.

Here is my reasoning:

98 Ls1 315 Flywheel HP

Mismatch 2002 Tune

Shorty Headers

Better Intake

98 Intake Manifold.

Based on other peoples numbers I thought I would get around 300rwhp/280-290trq.

Any Ideas?

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since my last update,

While I was driving my ign relay (Datsun One) took a **** on me 3 times on 1 day.

I decided to rewire the car instead of replacing the relay. (I know, I was a little over my head on this one.)

So I pulled the dash, all the guages etc. (It's like driving a race car :) )

I did the barebones wiring needed.

Headlights/Parkinglights

Horn

Turnsignals

IGN Switch

Brakelights

I did put in the billet pieces that 1tuffz sells, VERY nice.

I don't have any gauges :) (FUEL) It's like playing Russian roulette on the highway :)

While the dash is out, I am going to mount the pcm on the inside of the car. Do a general wire tuck. and apply Zero Rust to the rest of the interior.

Once that is done, I am going to put the interior back in, finish mounting the battery box, and put in the stereo (Listen to exhaust, gets old REALLY quick).

I plan on leaving the car like that for a while , since I am going to college in less then a month.

Once I have the cash: speedhut revolution gauges then a mgw short throw.

After:

4x4 brakes, coil-overs and shocks (Maybe sectioned)

Rota RBR maybe ZG's

BUT Boost is in the back of my mind ;), reason being is that the car feels slow now, Ive gotten used to it ;) and my friends have faster cars.

I still have to get my car weighed on 4 corners and see how much wiggle room I have for a turbo.

EDIT: I just realized I had my car for almost an entire year! At least I reached my goals for doing the LS1 swap by the end of senior year. :) I doubt I will do this much progress on Kiana over the next year. I need to diversify my lifestyle and hobbies :lol: The brakes and suspension will happen while I am in college, but the transition to boost happen probably when I graduate, unless I can pull some SERIOUS cash on the side.

DSC01284.jpg

DSC01283.jpg

DSC01282.jpg

DSC01281.jpg

DSC01280.jpg

DSC01285.jpg

Edited by Ironman

• 1 month later...

Man...I wish I never had to make this kind of update.

Really did......

About a week ago, the day before I left for college, My friend came over to hangout. While we were talking

I realized that I never took him for a spin in my car with the LS1. So I started to do my normal routine.

Drive for about 2 miles, let her warm up. Once I was at my specific spot to haulass...I gunned it while rolling at like 5 mph.

Like usual I lost traction and the backend was wagging around. I'm used to it. I can control that. While WOT, I shifted to second.

Like normal. It's all apart of my routine. Like normal.

But for some reason...I still cannot figure out to this day (Most likely inexperience)..The car started to get out of control.

So I let off the gas a little cut the wheel to the opposite direction. But I over corrected. So I cut it the other way. Over corrected again.

Within 2 secs I went from a joy ride to fully losing control of the car.

The car veered left. Jumped a curb. The backside hit a tree.

After hitting the tree the car continued to veer left.

The car flew over the median/hill went to the opposiate side of the road.

At this point I just tried my best to drive her into the grass.

The everything was a standstill.

At this point...I realized I fucked up badddd.

I immediately tried to start the car...No crank.

I looked at my friends he was breathing hard..and was groaning.

My heart dropped.

Then he started talking..

At the point I felt slightly relieved that he was conscious.

I opened my door to access the damages.

All 4 wheels are cracked/bent/broken.

The tail light area is destroyed.

THe backside is FUBAR.

The motor is still good.

But The unibody is bent to the point the passanger side door won't open.

I just totaled my baby...EVERYTHING that I worked for the past 2 years was down the drain. WASTED.

The police arrived I got a ticket for careless driving.

My friend is ok, he just got bumped in the head. Went to the hospital to get checked out though. (Thankfully he is at 100% now)

In all honesty there were so many what ifs in the crash:

What if there was a car in the opposite side of the road . The other driver would have been dead.

What if I never installed my battery box the day before. My friend or I would have been killed since it would have been flying around in the interior.

What if I never double checked my friends seatbelt before we left. My seatbelts like to come apart..unless the are PUSHED in. His were loose before I checked them...He would have been ejected....DEAD or worse brain dead.

I learned SO many things in that 5 second crash. It is almost unbelievable.

First of:

Never pour 100% of everything you have into a single object...eg car...Cause it can be gone in an instant. I lost AT LEAST 5k in the crash.

Never push the limit on the street.

-I realized that every time I was driving the car I was getting more and more cocky.

-I told my self I knew my limit...I knew the limit...and I wouldn't cross it. But I unknowingly did.

Get good insurance coverage.

-I got state mins. so I never had colllsion. I told me self

My spotless driving record is probably gone.

-Now I cannot get a part time job as a valet..chofffer SP?

I don't think I will qualify for any type of specialty classic insurance anymore....

When you build a car.. do it the right way. I put an LS1 in a car that has shitty breaks.

Shocks were probably worn out. I had a different brand of tire on each corner of the car.

Start with tires suspension harness race seats cage etc.....Then Put a badass motor in it.

Whenever I was at car-shows...the older folks always told me...keep it on track. It's not worth it.

-I agreed with them....Its good to go to the track, since you can get track times and have full access to a response team.

but I never realized the definition of " not worth it".

Not Worth It- the best definition I can give; while your dicking around on the street..pushing the limit...doing WOT pulls in a car that has traction problems...

Doing WOT Pulls on shitty tires,brakes, suspension.etc. Then crashing somewhere killing an entire family...for what...an adererlanine rush?...is not worth it.

Killing your best friend in the passenger seat...while some how getting the courage to look at this father dead in the eye...telling him "It's my fault that your son

is dead" due to my stupidity...not worth it.

Now I have to part out my car, (labor)

Have to get a lawyer to fight my careless driving ticket (legal)

)

Have to pay for my buddies medical bills (Fianical)

Insurance rates skyrocket (Fiancial)

My father doesn't trust me with high performance anything anymore (Trust)

My family cut me off from doing anything car related (Loss of Privileges)

Now I need a new hobby.

In a way being cut off from automotive things is sort of good.

Since now I am forced to diversify my lifestyle.

Also the car won't be a distraction while I am in college.

The sad thing is that kids my age would read this post,

and brush it off,thinking that it would never happen to them.

But its one of those things that you have to personally experience...rather than have someone tell you.

since it will never get drilled into your head.

The sad thing is, I held the exact same mentality.

I am not saying don't drive fast or don't build a car. Do it... It's a hell of an experiance.

But please..please...please..Create unbreakable rules

eg.

Won't go over a 100mph in a regualr street unless your by yourself..and no other cars on the road.

No WOT hard shifting on the street.

Doughnuts are still ok...:)

I told myself I knew my limits..But I never had defined them.

Go to the track eg skid pad..and just mess around get a feel for the car while it is out of control...I sure as hell wish I did.

Time for the pictures

I am going to sell my swap as a complete kit...I'm still thinking on the pricing..But offers are welcome. VIA PM

I am going to part out the car... so if anyone needs anything then just ask VIA PM

Comments are MORE than welcomed..considering I probably I am done with this "build"

IMAG0052.jpg

IMAG0051.jpg

IMAG0049.jpg

Wow, that seriously suck. I'm doing a class called Street Survival and they teach you how to control situations like this. It's only $75 and you get a discount on insurance. My Z has blown struts, dry rotted tires, and an open diff, I'm definitely not doing anything crazy until I address those issues. On the other hand, I may need some interior pieces.

Wow man, I'm really sorry about your accident :( . Thanks God you and your friend are Ok.

Well, you learned it the hard way... but you are alive to put in practice you learned lesson...

Store your swap, and in a few years put it together in a new project, when your family accept

that you learned the lesson... ;)

Damn, that's really sad :( ...

Good luck...

Selvin.

Edited by jaguargt

Thanks for the comments guys.

I am still debating on keeping the swap, or just plain old cashing out.

Since If I do keep the swap, I might do a beater s13 drift car. Under 2 k for everything.

I am still trying to get back the trust with my father about the whole incident.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...