HybridZ

5 lug and 4 wheel disc brakes

After hours of reading, I've decided to go with the 5 lug conversion for the Z. I would like to Order Joe's rear disc conversion bracket or go with a conversion setup that sells on ebay. I will just weld and re-drill the hubs. Joes Kit requires Rotors from a 79-81 ZX and the Ebay setup uses rotors from a 82 ZX. I have not yet found a 5 lug rotor to work with these brackets. MSA sells a slightly more expensive caliper adapter which uses 83-84 ZX rotors which I understand are available in 5 lug if ordered from a "Turbo" model?

Another question is, are there any direct bolt on 5 lug front hubs that won't move the wheel out 3/4"? Is moving the wheel out 3/4" a bad thing? I'm not real familiar with wheel offsetting. I know there are a lot of posts on this but I can't find any that make all this perfectly clear.

Thanks.

I'm wanting to use junk yard parts here. I know that the z31 turbo hubs fit. I know that you use the z31 rotors and toyota truck calipers. Is there some kind of spacer needed to space the disc from the hub? I have read that we need this spacer and I've read that you don't need to do anything? Also, should I be using the z31 rear rotor with redrilled hubs or what? I've been through these threads like an attorney over an auto accident claim and can't find any info on a complete junkyard setup.

Contact this guy, he's been doing this for 20 plus years! If anyone would know he would! Just a warning he has very little time to be on the phone because he's a one man machine shop. And he has little patience for stupid questions. Just be quick in your questions. http://designproductsracing.com/

I'm wanting to use junk yard parts here. I know that the z31 turbo hubs fit. I know that you use the z31 rotors and toyota truck calipers. Is there some kind of spacer needed to space the disc from the hub? I have read that we need this spacer and I've read that you don't need to do anything? Also, should I be using the z31 rear rotor with redrilled hubs or what? I've been through these threads like an attorney over an auto accident claim and can't find any info on a complete junkyard setup.

Heres another place you can try. http://silverminemotors.com/category.sc?categoryId=14

Contact this guy, he's been doing this for 20 plus years! If anyone would know he would! Just a warning he has very little time to be on the phone because he's a one man machine shop. And he has little patience for stupid questions. Just be quick in your questions. http://designproductsracing.com/

• 7 months later...

The info is here. You should read the brake options for S30's sticky. Many of these posts get hijacked and lose direction. You'll get a lot more help once you try to help yourself by going through the many posts plus it makes for interesting reading. As I understand it the Z31 front hub doesn't need a spacer if you're using the matching caliper BUT does need it if you're using the 4x4 caliper. I'm not 100% sure as I'm going another direction so I haven't researched it a bunch. In the rear you can use Maxima brackets if they can be located. Again read that sticky. The quick bet is the brackets from MML that allows you to use 240SX calipers and provides for a parking brake. You can spend big money at Arizona, MML or Silvermine too on complete kits. Unless this is a track car only be sure you can fit a parking brake for inspection purposes. I'm using the Z31 front rotors and fitting '90 Z32 rotors and calipers and out back I'm using the Z32 rotor/parking brake assembly/caliper with custom 19mm offset axles. The bottom line is you're going to find it difficult to do a junkyard conversion without a lot of searching and modifications. Sometimes it really is much smarter to just drop the coin on a complete thought out kit. Did I mention reading the sticky?