HybridZ

L28 swapped 300zx

While browsing craigs list I came across something I thought was strange. http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/pts/1763045980.html To strange to be true I thought. I sent the guy a text, the 87 z31 with and L28 is real. It just needs a distributor. I wish it didn't need one and was running because if I could manage to get the money together I would buy it for the sake of being different with it. It's already wired and ready to go. I have pictures that I will edit into this post in just a little bit. I turned him towards hybridz so hopefully he will show up here and bestow some of his clear knowledge of a Z car to us. His shop is called fast forward. He was located in Virginia Beach, no in Connersville, Indiana.

l28300zx1.jpg

l28300zx2.jpg

Edited by ModernS30

• 2 weeks later...

It's an 85 I thought he had told me when I talked to him about it. As for what's special about the L28, nothing really I've seen guys drop the RB20/25 into these a few times in the past. Not to start up the L-Series vs RB debate again though. It's "unique" but I think I personally would lean more towards an RB rather than put in an "underpowered" stock L28 vs the original VG30.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Z32 (TT) is probably the worst engine bay out of any car I've ever worked on. Z31 is miles better for sure, but no where near the space you get from a L6/RWD setup in general.

Hey guys sorry I took so long!lol!but I'm glad I could spark such an interest in everyone with this car.and yes it is still for sale and yes it is finished!runs awsome to!the only reason I got the car was because

I shared the same interest as u do!I mean a l28 powered z31 is nice tho simple to work on and more torque than I had expected honostly not the fastest Car I have ever had but holy **** its extrmely fun to play withif u have any questions about it or wanna see it call me my name is russ 7659145700