HybridZ

fuel pump options for my 75 280z

So today I was doing the suspension on my 75 280z and I got the front all done and went to test drive my car to see how it rides, and my car wont start! I drove it into the garage the day before yesterday and it was running fine. So to make a long story short, I was under my car to while my brother turned the engine over and I tapped the electric fuel pump and all the sudden it started. The car ran fine for a while and then acted like it was running out of gas and then sputtered and died. So I am fairly certain that the fuel pump is toast.

My question is, right now I don't have a ton of money to buy a fuel pump new, and my local pick-n-pull is having a half off weekend this weekend. So I figured I could snag a fuel pump from there just to last me until I get the money in a few weeks. I am nearly positive that they do not have any 280z's or any Z's for that matter period. So would a fuel pump from any other car work? And if so, which ones? I have tried searching but all that comes up is about fuel regulators, and even ebay has them priced at over 100 bucks each.

THanks in advance guys,

Matt

So today I was doing the suspension on my 75 280z and I got the front all done and went to test drive my car to see how it rides, and my car wont start! I drove it into the garage the day before yesterday and it was running fine. So to make a long story short, I was under my car to while my brother turned the engine over and I tapped the electric fuel pump and all the sudden it started. The car ran fine for a while and then acted like it was running out of gas and then sputtered and died. So I am fairly certain that the fuel pump is toast.

My question is, right now I don't have a ton of money to buy a fuel pump new, and my local pick-n-pull is having a half off weekend this weekend. So I figured I could snag a fuel pump from there just to last me until I get the money in a few weeks. I am nearly positive that they do not have any 280z's or any Z's for that matter period. So would a fuel pump from any other car work? And if so, which ones? I have tried searching but all that comes up is about fuel regulators, and even ebay has them priced at over 100 bucks each.

THanks in advance guys,

Matt

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G3138/

Awesome, I will have to purchase that when i get the money. My question was more of what kind of car can I pull a used one off of at pick n pull to tide me over until I have the money to get a good new one. Thanks for the link though!

hi there,

if you are on a tight budget and not making a ton of HP, i am using a fuel pump from a VW mid eighties rabbit, alot of them in junk yard, i paid $20 for mine and have been using it for about 2 years no problem. i have a 1976 280Z.

sweet thanks! I am running the stock l28 so no added Hp or anything. The car is completely stock besides suspension and wheels. I will keep an eye out for one of those. Any other vehicles put there that have the same type of fuel pump?