HybridZ

stupid question... is the shell heavy?

280z4me2

Where would you hold on to it without cutting your hands in half or bending up some sheetmetal? Maybe you could get some square tubing slide it under and get like 6 or 8 guys to carry it. I hope you have a lot of strong friends or it might just be more convenient to put it on something that rolls. :blink:

Three of us did it no problem. Two of us did it another time onto a trailer and it was a little awkward but we managed. 3 good sized guys should be able to handle it.

Two people can do it. As easy as the suspension is to remove at that point you may leave it all in and jsut remove it at the shop. Three nuts on each strut and 4 bolts on the crossmember and the tension rod nuts and the front falls away. The rear is even easier.

I would buy the rotisserie anyway. If you are wanting to blast the bottom it will be so much easier. Think of how much tme you are going to spend on your back restoring that underside. You will get at leasy 80% of the cost of the rotisserie back when you sell it so think of it as a rental. I have rented mine out to local enthusiasts which allows me to recover some of the costs and I don't have to store it.