HybridZ

Cummins 12v

I have done a little measuring of my dads 24v Cummins from his 03 ram 3500. I was wondering if anybody has ever heard of one of these in a z? I think they are to deep. I will be picking up a 91 12v Cummins cheap (hopefully, seem to be having a few snags atm). I would love to put one of these in a z. I think it will fit width and length wise but not depth. Any opinions or insight?

I have done a little measuring of my dads 24v Cummins from his 03 ram 3500. I was wondering if anybody has ever heard of one of these in a z? I think they are to deep. I will be picking up a 91 12v Cummins cheap (hopefully, seem to be having a few snags atm). I would love to put one of these in a z. I think it will fit width and length wise but not depth. Any opinions or insight?

You realize a complete cummins and nv5600 (or 727) weigh close to 1500 pounds right? they are also about 6-8 inches taller then an L28, if I remember right.

You realize a complete cummins and nv5600 (or 727) weigh close to 1500 pounds right? they are also about 6-8 inches taller then an L28, if I remember right.

I knew it was heavy, not that heavy. LOL I knew it was taller, that was my question is just how much taller. I don't think having it sticking out of the hood would be good at all. Maybe with a dry sump? Springs would have to be something crazy and you would have to spend a ton of some tires for that thing. Hey, it was an idea.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I too am looking at a high HP diesel motor for a Z. I found the answer in a mercedes OM606.962. found stateside in 1998 to 1999 mercedes benz E300 turbo diesels, these engines handle about 550rwhp on stock internals, with modified pump, bigger turbo and some head porting. and still get damn near 40mpg in the 2 ton luxobeasts they came in! they are also IDI engines, so they run on vegi oil just fine.

oh yeah, its a 24v 3.0l I6. revs to over 6k rpm if the pump is properly set up! there is a guy on one of the forums that I have been lurking on that has put up a dyno of 550rwhp out of the 5 cylinder 2.5L version of the engine. that is not chump change, sir.