HybridZ

Turbo Rebuild Gurus. I need help sourcing a compressor wheel.

So here's the situation. I had a catastrophic turbo failure due to an oil starvation issue. Live and learn.

My shaft snapped back by the impeller wheel and the compressor wheel was slightly damaged in the process.

All of my housings are fine and I rebuilt the center section and put all new bearings in it along with seals and the 270deg bearing on the compressor side back plate. Oh and I got a new oil line and the proper fittings.

I sourced a new shaft and impeller wheel as well.

My issue is this.

I cant find a compressor wheel anywhere that is the same size as my old one.

I had the turbo upgraded when I had it rebuilt about 5 years ago and the compressor wheel is much bigger than the stock T3.

It is a .46 trim wheel. The over all diameter is 76 mm, which is the same size as a t4. The only issue that I'm having is the center hole is the small shaft size of the t3.

I cant find a wheel with my dimensions with the small shaft size.

Does anybody have any info on finding odd, mis matched turbo parts?

I have checked everywhere on the web and I keep coming up with the same results.

post-4894-12758496188887_thumb.jpg

post-4894-12758496381793_thumb.jpg

post-4894-12758496552806_thumb.jpg

post-4894-12758496711554_thumb.jpg

I've had great experience through www.gpopshop.com . Though I don't think they sell wheels off the website, e-mail them and they may be able to help you out. Their customer service was quick and very helpful with me. If they can't sell you one, I would think they could at least point you in the right path for one, or give you whatever info you need to find the correct compressor wheel. Other than that, you don't have any local turbo rebuild shops?

I've had great experience through www.gpopshop.com . Though I don't think they sell wheels off the website, e-mail them and they may be able to help you out. Their customer service was quick and very helpful with me. If they can't sell you one, I would think they could at least point you in the right path for one, or give you whatever info you need to find the correct compressor wheel. Other than that, you don't have any local turbo rebuild shops?

I did see their page but they didn't have what I was looking for. Ill shoot them an email tonight.

Thanks for the input.

I would just get a new turbo but I dont want to have to re-fab any of my exhaust/IC piping. I just had a sweet 2.5 all mandrel custom exhaust made from the turbo back. I would hate to have to cut that baby up.

And no, there is nobody around that does turbo rebuilds. Most of the big diesel shops just buy new turbos or center sections, so they weren't much help.

I ended up getting exactly what I needed through them. It ended up being a T4OE wheel. The company that upgraded my turbo bored my compressor housing out to fit the larger wheel. The only thing is I need to have the wheel machined a bit to make up for the difference in back spacing and the snout of the wheel is too long to get the nut to thread on the shaft. I have a great local machine shop though and they should be able to have my wheel ready for install in a day.

Thanks for the advise.

Ben