HybridZ

Oil Pressure sending unit

Well in the process of messing with the sandwich plate on my 81 zxt i managed to break my oil pressure sending unit. I was wondering if there is an after market unit out there or is there a different way of setting up an oil pressure gauge to the engine itself? Plz go easy on me with this question. LOL

Thanx

Well in the process of messing with the sandwich plate on my 81 zxt i managed to break my oil pressure sending unit. I was wondering if there is an after market unit out there or is there a different way of setting up an oil pressure gauge to the engine itself? Plz go easy on me with this question. LOL

Thanx

Oil Pressure Sending Units are available on Ebay, www.motorsportauto.com and www.blackdragonauto.com to name a few.

I've found that the Nissan brand sender units will send out a slightly different signal on the non-turbo vs the turbo unit.

I used a turbo sender (engine swap) with my non-turbo 280ZX gauges and the gauge reads funny. I switched it back to the non-turbo sender and it read like it should. You may find different results with various aftermarket senders.

I've found that the Nissan brand sender units will send out a slightly different signal on the non-turbo vs the turbo unit.

I used a turbo sender (engine swap) with my non-turbo 280ZX gauges and the gauge reads funny. I switched it back to the non-turbo sender and it read like it should. You may find different results with various aftermarket senders.

So the turbo sender and the n/a sender are different? I went to the junk yard in Arlington and robbed 3 of then from n/a cars. Havent install any of them yet.

They will screw into the block just fine. The signal they send it meant to work with the appropriate oil pressure gauge.

so I'm saying those non-turbo senders will show a slightly different reading on your gauge. If you want it accurate, run the non-turbo gauges. (you lose the oil temp)