HybridZ

Exaust issue fixed

So I have had the 6 into 2 headers and twice pipes exaust from MSA for a few months. I never thought it sounded right and it sure didn't run right. And from time to time, the Y pipe and the headers would blow apart. Tried adjusting it a few times and it never helped. So yesterday I took the whole thing apart and looked down the pipes. I looked in the Y pipe first and found this mess in there. They just welded the 2 pipes together then welded on the collector onto it like This.

post-992-12766357821678_thumb.jpg

post-992-12766358270666_thumb.jpg

Once I cut this out and got the parts welded back together (thank you MREDDLE) it is totally different. My car sounds much better and wouldn't ya know it, it actually gets up and moves now too.

So moral of the story: When buying parts like this, especially from MSA, check and make sure they are how they should be. They seem to do things the easy (lazy) way and ship out poor parts. I am just in awe at the fact they see this as alright to do.

And thanks to MREDDLE for all the help getting my car to this point at all.

Oh, and that slit is only 1" x 1/4" Not so good for flow at all.