HybridZ

From The Ashes

FINALLY sorted the headlights and got that steering column cover on. I dont have the right hardware so its not on all the way, but its better then wires hanging out all over the place.

Before...

DSCN2653.jpg

...After

DSCN2672-1.jpg

Sianara to the "Sorry I cant go with you guys, my headlights dont work" excuse!

DSCN2678.jpg

The lights have like a blueish color to them, you cant really see it in the picture

DSCN2679.jpg

Im going to be doing the RB swap as soon as I get some parts together that I need and set aside a little time. Shouldnt take too long! (knock on wood)

Edited by jakeoster

Swapped in some seats today. The seats were out of the 280z so the rails did not fit all the way. After working on it for a while they finally got in. I think they look a lot better then the old ones I had in it. What do you guys think?

DSCN2682.jpg

DSCN2683.jpg

DSCN2681.jpg

Got my 240z transmission mount today, only took a day to arrive. Mack from McKinney is a pretty cool guy, he gave me a good deal on it and got it shipped out asap. Planning on digging in and doing the swap this weekend!

DSCN2691.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Swapped in some seats today. The seats were out of the 280z so the rails did not fit all the way. After working on it for a while they finally got in. I think they look a lot better then the old ones I had in it. What do you guys think?

DSCN2683.jpg

They look great!! At least they have 240 covers on them ( horizontal lines). :2thumbs:

Thought Id post some paperwork and manuals that received with the 72' 240z.

IMG_0471.jpg

The Folder has nearly every oil change, refuel, parts refurbish, performance part, and all services done to it since 1972 when it rolled out of the showroom.

Most (if not all) of the factory manuals are present, including the original owners Datsun warranty card. Just kind of cool to thumb back through the years and see what was done and how much it cost.

Went down to Radio Shack and got a pack of resistors so I can hopefully get my Autometer tach working. If you are trying to get the RB25 to work with an Autometer tach you need a 10k ohm resistor 1/2 watt 5% tolerance.

IMG_0489.jpg

Now this is a bit of a ricer move but I couldnt help myself from "mocking up" the Power Fc Commander before I even have the RB installed :lol:

Im using a generic adjustable cellphone holder. I like the positioning of it, its not in the way at all and its kind of out of sight which is nice, yet still easy to get to and monitor with a quick glance.

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

Also, pulled the R200 differential out of the 280z today.

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

Edited by jakeoster

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...