HybridZ

Mega Squirt install help

ok so here's my problem. I have a 78 280z with an 83 turbo swap. i cant really figure out the wiring so i took it to a shop. They wanted to charge me 1,000 maybe more to fix the problem. I find it realy hard to believe that it would cost this much.What do you guys think about that? oh and they also said the job will take 20hrs to do. I was also thinking about getting the MegaSquirt setup. My electrical skills suck so i was thinking if i do get the MegaSquirt that maybe someone can come help me or do the electrical work for me. Ill pay them $500 plus a free complete motor, ecu, harness, and afm. Everthing is in good condition and very well maintained. The motor has the p79 head,n42 block and a black turbo valve cover.

Iam also selling the motor too

$400 for complete motor. comes with ecu,afm, and harness

also have an alternator,2 ac compressors(both work),fuel injector cooler setup and power steering pump

Edited by zdude123

What is the issue?

If you're not gun-ho about performance and potential future upgrades, fix the stock EFI issue yourself. Could you desribe the problem? I find it hard to believe that an electrical issue could cost $1000. If it really did, its nothing you can't repair yourself.

The write up in FAQ section has some help but your harness is an 83 and the one in there is an 81. but it is mentioned in the post. I got a wiring diagram and its pretty clear Ill show it to you on tuesday at school if you dont get her fired up by then that is.

First are you getting a signal from the ECU which in turn gets the signal from the CAS? Just use a pen tester (LED light) if it blinks then your cas is sending a signal. If not then most likely your CAS is bad.

If it is blinking and still no spark then its probably your "Ignitor" go to Zcar.com and look for the HEI wiring diagram. Search for the post by Skittle (thats me as well).

If you have questions feel free to ask.