HybridZ

One more time before I give up on the forums...

Where I am at is my 1984 Turbo has been sitting for months since a week after I threw a new trans in and everything. It has a new battery and a new starter and the alternator is tested fine, and new battery cables. So I hook up jumper cables, sit for 15 minutes and when I turn the key the engine barely inches a tiny little bit. When I unplug the jumpers I watch the gauges dim and go out all the way in about 5 seconds. So the battery won't hold a charge, before when I was messing around I got it running and it ran and stayed running fine, but now I can't get enough power to make it turn over. So what I need to know before I rip into it is, bad battery even though its new, bad wiring, bad sensor or relay somewhere, what? This just magically happened out of the blue, it worked fine after I got the new trans in and then parked overnight in my driveway and next morning its dead and won't start.

Can anyone help me at all? I have scoured the forum, I tried the clutch switch, and a few other similar issues but still nothing. My next step is to re-test the battery for holding a charge and then to replace the engine wiring harness.

Jeff

+1 on getting the battery tested. If it has a collapsed cell it will still have trouble starting the car while being jumped. Another point to check is the power wire going to your starter. Make sure that cable is not touching the engine/trans at all. It could be shorting out. This can be tested easily with a voltage gauge. Set the gauge to continuity and touch one lead to the positive battery cable and the other lead touch the engine block if you have continuity here than somewhere you have a positive short to ground.

• 2 weeks later...

Try posting on Z31performance.com

It's may more geared toward your problems. This site isn't very helpful unless you have a s130/s30

Delasangre4231 outlined his problem, I suggested a solution, the suggested solution started the car. :)

Sooo, how is it you feel this site isn't very helpful, unless you have a s130/s30?????

BTW, what did you add to this thread??? :rolleyes:

Edited by jasper

Delasangre4231 outlined his problem, I suggested a solution, the suggested solution started the car. :)

Sooo, how is it you feel this site isn't very helpful, unless you have a s130/s30?????

Ladies, breathe. Both of you.

I didn't add **** to this thread. I did suggest a better place for the z31. If you disagree that z31p is worse help than this place, then well you need help.

Try posting on Z31performance.com

It's may more geared toward your problems. This site isn't very helpful unless you have a s130/s30

I'm not trying to add fuel to the fire, just point out the obvious: That was the most useless suggestion I've seen in this entire thread.

If you go to their website, you'll notice the latest update was nearly TWO YEARS AGO... and the forums have an activity of -zero- with the latest thread update being too old to even be visible unless someone sets the thread activity cutoff to 'minimum'! If you went there for help, you'd probably be stranded.

Just saying.

If you go to their website, you'll notice the latest update was nearly TWO YEARS AGO...

Wrong url maybe? ;)

Z31P.jpg

Z31P has some very knowledgeable people over there, RacinJitter, Mike G, SATAN, StreetFighter, the list goes on and on...

Delasangre, you should really check them out, you'll get many more replies to your Z31 chassis-specific questions.

Also, good to hear you found your problem. Never trust a battery.

Edited by FlatBlack

I'm not trying to add fuel to the fire, just point out the obvious: That was the most useless suggestion I've seen in this entire thread.

If you go to their website, you'll notice the latest update was nearly TWO YEARS AGO... and the forums have an activity of -zero- with the latest thread update being too old to even be visible unless someone sets the thread activity cutoff to 'minimum'! If you went there for help, you'd probably be stranded.

Just saying.

Good for you to post false info. Looks like you didn't add **** to the thread either!

• 1 month later...

lol, this is funny. Definetely head over to z31p, its got the most info for the z31. Being serious hybrid z guys, were not just trying to steal your peoples. www.z31.com and www.88hybrid.com are the other two main z31 boards, not as much activity on those anymore though.