HybridZ

Cleanest S54 Swap Ever!!

mikedc528

I think it's pretty stupid he bought a perfectly good E46 M3 just to basically ruin it for his project. But whatever.

Agreed....more of a 2 door fan...for that money he prob could have just bought the New 4 door m3

but to each his own, if thats what he loves, good for him

Hmmm... Guess that means because I bought a '97 M3 for the purpose of removing a perfectly good running S52 to install a Chebby, that must be stupid too. :unsure:

No. The point is that normally someone would get a salvaged or wrecked car to act as a donor, not a flawless example in a rare color combo. Your car was not the donor, it was the swap victim. And personally, I don't like sedans. I'd have preferred the stock M3 coupe. Edited by rturbo 930

• Administrators

No. The point is that normally someone would get a salvaged or wrecked car to act as a donor, not a flawless example in a rare color combo. Your car was not the donor, it was the swap victim. And personally, I don't like sedans. I'd have preferred the stock M3 coupe.

Ahhhhh... Gotchya, :oops: I see now. :bonk:

iirc he did that because the conversion project would be less than half what it would cost to register the real m3 in his country

It must be a ton of money to register an m3 because there is no way that swap was cheap

Yea, he said a new m3 (2008 model, still new body style) would be a ton of money

He probably still could have gotten the same type of m3 he had bought in Germany and registered and done all the mods to that one and spend the same or less money than he did with the 4 door, but now im just over analyzing it

Edited by Negligence

It must be a ton of money to register an m3 because there is no way that swap was cheap

Yea, he said a new m3 (2008 model, still new body style) would be a ton of money

He probably still could have gotten the same type of m3 he had bought in Germany and registered and done all the mods to that one and spend the same or less money than he did with the 4 door, but now im just over analyzing it

But then it isn't a four door E46 M3, now is it? He says he did because of insurance costs, but I'm pretty sure he had other intentions in mind. Coming from an E46 sedan owner, I think it is kick ass, and if I had his $ and his friends, I would have done the same...