HybridZ

1968 Datsun SR520

SR520

This is my 2nd truck that I built with a SR20det engine,the first one got total'd by a 91 full size gmc truck so I wanted another 520 truck. So this time around I'm doing it the way I really wanted it. The truck now sits with the engine mounted in and QA1 coilovers at all four corners,a Tri 4-link and the fuel cell and A1000 pump mounted. This truck is going to have disc at all four with Wilwood pedals reverse mount,all SS brake lines and 18's Nissan Titan wheels. I have alot of other parts going on but now am trying to get the frame ready for media blasting. Soon as the frame gets blasted I'll start on the cab which is going blasted down and a clean engine bay with no master cylinders in the bay, and layed with chassis coat,sound deadener and foil matting. I have alot of other plans too but will see where it goes. I plan on getting it rolling by sometime in Oct. depends on how I feel! Here are some pictures for the start to now how its sitting.

689.jpg

688.jpg

68520.jpg

ped14.jpg

ped3.jpg

ped5.jpg

bt2.jpg

bt10.jpg

ad3-1.jpg

ad2-1.jpg

ad5.jpg

ad6.jpg

aq11.jpg

aq10.jpg

aq15.jpg

aq14.jpg

aq2.jpg

aq7.jpg

My plans for the truck are just a one-of-a-kind Datsun 520,my last one that's was hit got a lot of looks,offers and everything else for building the only SR20det powered 520 pu. So plans are to be a DDriver/show truck that is bad ass and something you will not see like this one. With my last 520 that ran like a champ but lacked all the goodies so why not build this one right. Will keep you all posted!

• 3 weeks later...

Frame is Done and started putting it all back together. Got the rearend in and the rear brake brackets in for the rear disc,rear rotors are in just need the calipers. Coilovers are all in. And got the motor back in. I'm going to change all the hardware to the gold zinc bolts and try to stay away from the silver bolts. And put in ARP wheel studs. Started cleaning up the front steering and laying out the rear harness. Will start the cab this weekend and then pull the bed around and start working on them both,getting them ready to be put back on. Clean up alot of my extra parts,new and old parts and seeing what's next on the list. Still and have to mount 3 tires so it will be in its true roller. Pulled it out yesterday so it can sit in the sun and I got alot of attention two neighbors came over to see it and 3 people walking by stopped and asked if they can check it out.

glo.jpg

glo2.jpg

glo3.jpg

glo8.jpg

glo7.jpg

glo1.jpg

glo4.jpg

glo6.jpg

glo9.jpg

glo5.jpg

Edited by SR520

• 2 weeks later...

Here's some other stuff I did this past few weeks, got the engine bay primed and ready to fill in some small areas, got the rear brake calipers still need to mount them up. I have the bed inside ready to be worked for the fuel cell so I can fill-up. I hope to have the Cab back on next after the engine bay gets painted.

frame11.jpg

frame10.jpg

frame13.jpg

frame15.jpg

frame9.jpg

frame7.jpg

frame3.jpg

frame-1.jpg

frame4.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...