HybridZ

Help picking out an old (pre-87) JDM ride

I find myself in somewhat of a unique situation I have to sell my '91 MR2 I love the car but the Navy wont ship it back with no motor in it. Spun a rod bearing three weeks ago and I figure it is time to get something new. So here I sit I want to bring the car back with me which means pre-87 model year (I transfer in August 2011). I have looked at all the common somewhat performance oriented cars but I can't seem to find anything that quite fits the bill. I'm looking to spend around 6.5k so most Z's are out of the picture (you would not believe what they go for here). I've looked into an 86 Corolla but I don't really know enough about them to make an educated descion. Any one got a suggestion for something I could pick up while I'm here?

I would say bring back something that you can actually get parts for over here in case you got into a fender bender or needed to do an engine \ tranny rebuild.

It would be impractical to bring back a R30/R31 even thought they are as cool as heck..god forbid you need a fender or tail light, even in Japan they are getting rare!

A KE70 really? You can pick-up those for a few hundred over here....

What about a MA70 Supra with a 1J?

or

AW11 MR2 Supercharged

AE86 Kouki would be sweet

Z31 with a RB20?

S10/S11??

SA22 RX7 or FC3S RX7 TurboII?

Mitsu Starion?

Mazda 323 GTX / GT?

Isuzu Piazza Turbo?

Just some thoughts...

Yasin