HybridZ

Introduction: My Z life.

What's goin on everyone,

I've been cruisin through here for a long time now. As well as the other Z forums. About a year and a half ago, I bought a 78 280z with 123k original miles on it. It was black... and not exactly in perfecto condition. But i sure loved it. It was the start of my Z fever and the reason i'm referring to it in past tense, is because i'm from Nashville and we had some super crazy floods not too long ago. Well, it took the car to the max! (see pics) But although i was pretty sad about it, i knew my craving wasn't nearly satisfied.

I've always dreamed of having an SR20 Z, and at this point that is still the plan. I've done all the research, have parts lists galore for the most part and have had to consciously set it aside from my mind so as not to distract me from daily living, which we are all SO guilty of haha. Because that will be a little further in the future than I'd like. Needless to say, after i lost the 280, i went on the hunt for a new Z. After about 3 months of searching, and using my motorcycle as my daily driver, i stumbled upon a beaut. Called the guy, had it in my driveway in 4 days. It had the classic 240z decals on the side above the rocker panel, but i removed them as i just am not too into that look personally. Its a 1970... with 97k original miles. The body is in great shape, and the interior freaking flawless. I couldn't have gotten a better deal. It was lightyears of improvement from my previous 280.

So basically i just wanted to introduce myself. My name is ian. I'm from Nashville, TN. I've been a long time car enthusiast, mostly in the euro world... i owned a 02' GTI 1.8t, and an 07' GTI 2.0t ... loved them both dearly. So moving to a classic car was quite a change, but I sure love it.

Here are some photos of the whip(S) also the flood, and the damage ... thanks for readin.

post-6027-024464400 1279674778_thumb.jpg

post-6027-011556700 1279674785_thumb.jpg

post-6027-053103600 1279674808_thumb.jpg

post-6027-051878300 1279674826_thumb.jpg

post-6027-033454000 1279674843_thumb.jpg

post-6027-049839600 1279674886_thumb.jpg

post-6027-042144600 1279674906_thumb.jpg

Thanks for saying hi. To bad about the 280Z, it looked like a great place to start and probably still is, for someone doing a complete restoration. The 240Z looks great, enjoy the ride.

Welcome Ian. I hope your insurance was able to cover the 280Z.. one really good way to cover our cars is with Classic Car insurance. you'll need a appraisal, but it will go a long ways to getting what your car is really worth in the case of a loss like that. Not to mention it's CHEAP for full coverage. look into Hagarty, or some of the other companies. Do you still have the Flooded 280z? There's a lot that can be done to revive a car like that, though it would be a lot of work, as in new wiring, interior, engine rebuild, and lots of cleaning. Depends on how long it was under water too. If you opened the Door, like the porsche in "Risky Business" and fish swam out, it might take a little more. Anyway, I hope your insurance covered it.

That 240z looks pretty sweet. If it's running well, then you may not need to change anything. But I digress, there's tons of things you can do to it. Would you mind letting us know the VIN? The Early 240z's are something of a sought after group of cars known as the series ones'. I myself am looking for a november 70' 240Z.

As always, use the search on here, since most topics have been covered, but Post anything you'd like about your Z. and include pictures, Pictures of an issue are easiest way to get something diagnosed online.

Thanks and welcome again.

Phar