HybridZ
Gollum

Norcal - Bay Area HybridZ BBQ 2010!!!

So it's about that time of the year again so let's get this show on the road. This is actually much later than I started planning the events in the past, but for those who may or may not be aware I just got back from my honeymoon just last week. Needless to say I'd been pretty busy, and am currently trying to keep the busy-ness to a minimum. We're going to keep things pretty chill this year. No shirts unless Nick jumps in on that boat and heads it up himself. For food I'm going to say $5 gets you ALL YOU CAN EAT hotdogs. Hamburgers just get too complicated and too expensive real quick. Does everyone want cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, etc? Too much headache for me this year, maybe next! So here's the details for everyone. RSVP if possible here in this thread, just so we have an idea of how much food to bring.

(any grumbling from south bay guys and I'll move it FARTHER towards SAC!)

Date: August 28th, 2010

Time: 10am-3pm

(time is STRICT this year, as I WILL be going on a drive afterwards. Everyone is welcome to join, if you want plenty of time to chat, get there early like me :-) )

Costs: $5 for parking/getting into the park. Another $5 if you want ALL YOU CAN EAT hotdogs (the good 1/4 pound beef or polish type).

Drinks: BOYD. I'll bring a 12 pack of something most likely, but who knows what else. No hard alcohol please, this is a nice park that's been eager to see us come in every year, lets keep it that way. Beer has been fine in the past.

Who's welcome: ANYONE!!! We've done our best in the past to make sure other car guys are more than welcome and I plan to keep it that way. If you have friends that want to bring their XXXXX car, tell them there will be a spot for them!

If you need more details on the location, such as what they have to offer, or want detailed directions, see this website here: http://www.ebparks.org/parks/kennedy

That's all I can think of for now. Will post more later once I think of what else needs to be said.

Edited by Gollum

So it's about that time of the year again so let's get this show on the road. This is actually much later than I started planning the events in the past, but for those who may or may not be aware I just got back from my honeymoon just last week. Needless to say I'd been pretty busy, and am currently trying to keep the busy-ness to a minimum. We're going to keep things pretty chill this year. No shirts unless Nick jumps in on that boat and heads it up himself. For food I'm going to say $5 gets you ALL YOU CAN EAT hotdogs. Hamburgers just get too complicated and too expensive real quick. Does everyone want cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, etc? Too much headache for me this year, maybe next! So here's the details for everyone. RSVP if possible here in this thread, just so we have an idea of how much food to bring.

(any grumbling from south bay guys and I'll move it FARTHER towards SAC!)

Date: August 28th, 2010

Count me in again .. If there is anything i can bring, let me know

Craig

Time: 10am-3pm

(time is STRICT this year, as I WILL be going on a drive afterwards. Everyone is welcome to join, if you want plenty of time to chat, get there early like me :-) )

Costs: $5 for parking/getting into the park. Another $5 if you want ALL YOU CAN EAT hotdogs (the good 1/4 pound beef or polish type).

Drinks: BOYD. I'll bring a 12 pack of something most likely, but who knows what else. No hard alcohol please, this is a nice park that's been eager to see us come in every year, lets keep it that way. Beer has been fine in the past.

Who's welcome: ANYONE!!! We've done our best in the past to make sure other car guys are more than welcome and I plan to keep it that way. If you have friends that want to bring their XXXXX car, tell them there will be a spot for them!

If you need more details on the location, such as what they have to offer, or want detailed directions, see this website here: http://www.ebparks.org/parks/kennedy

That's all I can think of for now. Will most more later once I think of what else needs to be said.

Just thought it might be a nice to share some pictures from the last year and year before for the people that might be new around here, or weren't able to make it in years past. Here's some pics from last year:

Image tag didn't work on these two, sorry.

http://www.hadesomeg..._serialNumber=2

http://www.hadesomeg..._serialNumber=2

Picture079.jpg

Picture082.jpg

Picture071.jpg

We even had a pair of mini's show up! Super cool.

Picture010.jpg

And here's some I found from two years ago.

(not any good overall shots I could find, though it was a decent turnout of 20 or so cars)

IMG_0951.sized.jpg

IMG_0949.sized.jpg

IMG_0943.sized.jpg

So there's a taste of the things you'll hopefully see if you make it down to the meet this year. I will be posting the details up on some other boards soon enough.

Bump: Been quiet in this thread. Not exactly the norm from the last to year's threads. Hope everyone from previous years and more can make it out!

And for the record, I believe my S30 and S130 will both be out there again this year.

Congratulations on getting hitched! I lost your number when I had some phone issues with Apple, sorry for not staying in touch. I am not sure if I can make it, Jess and I are house hunting atm and Saturdays are taking up with open house events. Ill see what I can do and Ill get back too you, at the most maybe I can sneak in for an hour and steal a beer from your 12 pack ;)

Pheww, I was worried I might have posted a date not far enough out, but I'm feeling better about my decision now. I'm glad I PM'ed some of you though... seems I'm not the only one as adventurous on searching the site since the new look.

I've also let a coworker of mine know about the meet and he's going to bring probably 5-10 cars, should make for an interesting mix of people. He knows my stance on cars and is going to bring "real car guys". He regularly drives 500+hp FWD cars at the track, so he might know at least a few.

I've also been posting about the meet on craigslist, but we'll see if that leads anywhere, since I haven't gotten any emails in response.

All in all, I'm expecting a good turn out this year.

Craig ~ (and others wanting to know what to bring)

As I stated, I've got the main couse of food covered. If you feel so compelled, bring a bag of chips (or similar) and a 12 pack of soda (take your pick). I'll have 2-3 ice chests with ice ready to rock.

Post go here:

Weather Alert:So it's supposed to drop 20 degees tonight from last night, and another 20 the day after. We had recorded temps over 115 yesterday, so it's not like it will be freezing, but some of you might want to consider having a jacket with you for backup in case it's windy or something.

Last minute check list: (print this if you're worried about leaving without something like me)

• $5 for Parking
  • $5 for Hot Dogs
  • Gas in the tank.... of the car you're driving
  • Seat for comfy idle banter
  • Wash the car
  • Wash the car again now that you've got 90% of the year's grime off
  • Refreshing tasty beverage
  • Call your friends you invited and hold them to their word of coming
  • Camera (batteries batteries batteries! Memory card helps too)
  • Pictures of the car you didn't bring because it's been a project for who knows how long
  • Jacket, possibly...

That should me most of what you need to consider before leaving the house. :wink:

And...

Looks like it's just going to be my GF and I, my friend has to work. I'll be bringing my usual compliment of lawn chairs and will see about some sodas and greasy shop rags.

-Eric

Fixed :-D

Double fixed.