HybridZ

Camaro slave question

I second that this is a good setup. I have about 500 miles on this setup and it has treated me well. Additionally, it was the only real way (without using a slave throwout) to get the clutch arm to move with my 168 tooth flywheel.

Is there any reason you guys are avoiding the use of an aftermarket slave cylinder from Autozone? IS fitment really that much of an issue as to resort to a pull style slave cylinder?

There is an aluminum bodied SC made by Brakeware that is about $40 at autozone. Part number 10380.

A quick good search yielded good reports from camaro owners who were looking to replace the plastic junk.

I havent done a test fit with my T5, but the JTR manual would have me believe a stock style slave cylinder would work fine.

Is there any reason you guys are avoiding the use of an aftermarket slave cylinder from Autozone? IS fitment really that much of an issue as to resort to a pull style slave cylinder?

There is an aluminum bodied SC made by Brakeware that is about $40 at autozone. Part number 10380.

A quick good search yielded good reports from camaro owners who were looking to replace the plastic junk.

I havent done a test fit with my T5, but the JTR manual would have me believe a stock style slave cylinder would work fine.

The reason I am avoiding the stock cylinder setup is because with ThomaZ's solution, you don't have to hammer out the transmission tunnel to get it to fit, and it's been proven to work well. It wasn't too hard to fab up everything needed to make the swap, either.

The JTR manual is good, but it doesn't mention that the slave cylinder is prone to failure, which seems to be the case.

Any reviews on the Autozone cylinder and how it holds up?

Search, it has been covered before, I have the Aluminum AutoZone T5 slave cylinder in my T56, no problems for 2 years now.

I have searched, but its difficult because the search function doesnt allow for terms less than two characters long. Adding "T5" to the search terms isnt allowed. Simply searching for "slave cylinder" brnigs up ALOT of unrelated topics.

Thanks for the input though.

Edited by chunk